Where do the two fit. (Carey & Lameiras) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Where do the two fit. (Carey & Lameiras)

Aug 10, 2014
Carey for me is always one of the first names on the team sheet, but in my opinion lameiras will also be one of those players for the coming season. We all know Carey can float and go to the wings, we all know he's better playing through the middle just like lameiras. Soo... where do they both fit into this new team of ours?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
4-2-3-1

Usual behind the striker role for Carey which leaves 2 wide positions to fill. Also the front 3 will be interchangeable when needed to suppport/assist the target man upfront

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
From an attacking perspective Lameiras, Carey and Ainsworth behind a striker would be very fluid. Provided they didn't all try to take the central role it would work. Carey has looked good wide right and may find eh gets more space out there.

Not sur how much defensive work you'd get out of those theee though. Guess that's where Jervis comes in.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I think Lameiras could fit out wide in games at home where we need that extra guile & creativity to break down a defence that's here to dig in and sit deep.

More importantly, throughout the winter last season GC was carrying a knee problem but played through the pain every game. We shouldn't need to do that. Having a direct replacement is a great addition to the squad so that GC can play less minutes and stay fresher.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Can see us playing quite narrow this season, utilising the wings from the bench if needed. Jervis does not have a defensive bone in his body, so we'd may as well play 4231 with the 3 mentioned above behind Taylor. The full backs will provide any width. Interesting to be honest, we have a large jigsaw now with a large number of pieces. Derek, I'm sure, has it sussed tho

Nov 18, 2011
One of Carey's strengths is his crossing so he may play on the left to make the most of that.

Who knows though, there could be a formation change, a 4-3-3 would allow you to play Carey and Lameiras together with a proper holding midfielder behind them.

Jun 11, 2012
Nobby":26bnf34v said:
Monster Green":26bnf34v said:
Jervis does not have a defensive bone in his body.

Couldn't disagree more. Jervis puts in hell of a shift.
... and I'm somewhere in the middle. He's not got Carey's work ethic, but he does a job.

Aug 5, 2016
Molton green 1989":3nbxq6ml said:
Carey for me is always one of the first names on the team sheet, but in my opinion lameiras will also be one of those players for the coming season. We all know Carey can float and go to the wings, we all know he's better playing through the middle just like lameiras. Soo... where do they both fit into this new team of ours?

Carey is TOP DOG.

Lameiras is replacing Tanner.

Think back to how DA juggled Carey and Tanner and you will get your answer.

Lameiras will be bench warming, playing a bit on the wing, and playing CAM in the event of injury or when Del wants to push GC10 to the wing.

Oct 31, 2015
Nobby":1zdroxne said:
Monster Green":1zdroxne said:
Jervis does not have a defensive bone in his body.

Couldn't disagree more. Jervis puts in hell of a shift.

Anyone see him at right back away to Liverpool!!!He can defend with the best of them:)

Sep 6, 2006
Molton green 1989":5jfragh3 said:

Have you seen Lameiras play?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I think we have far too many central midfield players,probably because Adams wasn't too sure of getting Carey back again.We have five maybe six players for two central midfield slots.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
oddball":1ikez7gt said:
I think we have far too many central midfield players,probably because Adams wasn't too sure of getting Carey back again.We have five maybe six players for two central midfield slots.

I agree. DA was clearly covering for GC's departure.
As regards Jervis defensive skills, the lad tracks back really well and plays for the team even if he is not a natural defender so I would not criticise him at all.

After GC, Jervis is my favourite player and seriously underrated IMHO