The No 9 we need.... (merged) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The No 9 we need.... (merged)

Jul 8, 2016
Is this week the moment DA & the board gives us the cherry on the cake with a wow didn't see that coming new No 9!!!
Love it to be Joe Mason but wishful thinking hey!

What's everyones thoughts and wish list on this position??
Roll on August COYGs

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Not for me. He will be 37 mid season and with 7 goals in 3 years a busted flush I fear.
Mason beyond us I would have thought, it would be a bonus if he were attainable for sure.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Whilst I think that Lambert would be devastating in this league, we already have Taylor and Blissett. Wages aside, I'd say we need a quick forward who knows where the net is. Someone that could play off of Taylor. That said, maybe we already have that in the squad in the form of Grant or Ainsworth?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IF he comes in on loan, relatively low percentage of wage (25-30%) then why not?

He's proven, will act as a somewhat club marquee signing and if he hits it off with the players around him then he could be utterly fantastic for a L1 club. His experience would be invaluable also.

Based on a low wage contribution it's a yes from me.

Oct 21, 2015
Different strokes for different folks Xisle. None of those No 9's had the level of premier experience that ex international Lambert offers to make an immediate impact at this level. Think he will be beyond us financially but he could do a job for us over 2 years whilst we settle in to higher division football. Is 35 years of age that much of a barrier in Division 1 ? Try telling John Terry and Aston Villa that. Doubt very much it will happen but I would not diss him on age alone.

Sep 15, 2012
briangreen":q07thea6 said:
I think we had a nippy goal poacher in louis rooney, but once again let a good player go.

Hartlepool were quick to snap him up then?????
Ho no they didn't bother.
As of at this moment no-ones bothered to snap him up
He really is that good NOT

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Qoo3939L":111okubv said:
briangreen":111okubv said:
I think we had a nippy goal poacher in louis rooney, but once again let a good player go.

Hartlepool were quick to snap him up then?????
Ho no they didn't bother.
As of at this moment no-ones bothered to snap him up
He really is that good NOT
Hartlepool have had a change of manager with a lot of staff changing too. Even though he didn't get much game time I think they would still have signed him if Jones wasn't sacked. He's still young and he was scoring in all of their reserve games. The fans liked him too, they wanted to see more of him. He's not that good, but he could be a good asset to a League Two club this season. I wouldn't want him as one of our choices anymore though.