The Kits. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Kits.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
People,

It's worth noting that both are far, far better in the flesh than they were in that terrible mock up we were shown.

The lime away strip seemed to go down very, very well at Bolitho Park today, many were complimentary about it.

Mike (Dunlop) said 'I think I was a bit hasty about what I said about the away strip, I'm going to pop up the shop on Monday and order mine'. :lol:

Geddon Mike. :clap:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Yes, totally agree. They look so much better when seen 'live'. The initial poor photos from the press release don't do them justice, I think the away kit is the better of the two.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Was he talking about Argyle's or Parkway's though!?

Mar 23, 2008
The away kit is great, really like it. Home shirt is awful though, one of our worst ever in my humble opinion.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mark Pedlar":2ievfg76 said:
Was he talking about Argyle's or Parkway's though!?

:lol: Definitely Argyle's Mark, i suggest that he come on here and declare he was wrong, but he wouldn't. :twisted:

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Away kit looked realy good .

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Here's a photo of how well they stood out.

dmnelCv.jpg

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
IJN":194tj6z6 said:
Here's a photo of how well they stood out.

dmnelCv.jpg

Still hideous in my opinion mate. The colour itself is fine, but the actual design itself I really do not like, reminds me of Norwich's kit from the early 90's, and that was an awful shirt in my opinion.

Jul 29, 2010
"You are by far and away the worst pirate I have ever heard of"

"Aaah, but you HAVE heard of me" :wink:

Bottom line Sy, is that Norwich kit from over 20 years ago was so distinctive you remember it.

I love something distinctive, something characterful, something different. Those qualities you could use to describe Argyle itself. Because of that my stance on it has been positive, love it or hate it we will remember this shirt for decades.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
X Isle":3r2qf40d said:
"You are by far and away the worst pirate I have ever heard of"

"Aaah, but you HAVE heard of me" :wink:

Bottom line Sy, is that Norwich kit from over 20 years ago was so distinctive you remember it.

I love something distinctive, something characterful, something different. Those qualities you could use to describe Argyle itself. Because of that my stance on it has been positive, love it or hate it we will remember this shirt for decades.

Difficult not to remember something as hiedous as that mate, I remember their away kit lol. As I said the colour itself is fine, if they had gone for the hooped design like we saw in the mock ups then it would be a great shirt and I would have loved it. And I actually love some of the "different designs" we have had, the Rotolok shirt from 95-96 for example. I just think we could have gone for a better design.

May 8, 2011
Being colour blind I had real problems distinguishing between Parkway and Argyle players, the plain backs of the shirts looked the same colour to me.
I thought the Home shirts looked really good, just a shame about the red blob.