New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation

May 16, 2016
Chancellor":11pqe25h said:
I still cant get my head around the big void to the left that apparently is a control room. Why does it need to be so huge?

You can go along next week (or send a delegate) and ask someone now :)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Chancellor":100xo90s said:
I still cant get my head around the big void to the left that apparently is a control room. Why does it need to be so huge?

That's just the structure of the grandstand at the moment, it's not a design choice.

The terrace goes all the way to the Barn Park end goalline, but the upper tier and roof do not. Argyle are extending the roof to match, but not the upper tier, hence the gap.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Quietly dropped in the ice rink and other developments to the planning application.

This in no way best jeopardise the grandstand refurb element of the application. You know, cos that won't go down well.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
Stuart House":3ughv569 said:
Quietly dropped in the ice rink and other developments to the planning application.

This in no way best jeopardise the grandstand refurb element of the application. You know, cos that won't go down well.

Can't afford to carry out stage 2 of the development but let's build a new ice rink. I know it's not as simple as that but that's what it looks like.

Feb 8, 2005
The Duke":1sx9wgs0 said:
Stuart House":1sx9wgs0 said:

Can't afford to carry out stage 2 of the development but let's build a new ice rink. I know it's not as simple as that but that's what it looks like.

The Ice Rink is totally separate from the Grandstand and will be financed by Brent, who owns the land it will stand on.

It's two constructions put into one application. I suspect that Brent is paying for the application (as he would have to do for the Ice Rink anyway), thus saving the football Club money.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
jimsing":2oyz17hy said:
The Duke":2oyz17hy said:
Stuart House":2oyz17hy said:

The Ice Rink is totally separate from the Grandstand and will be financed by Brent, who owns the land it will stand on.

It's two constructions put into one application. I suspect that Brent is paying for the application (as he would have to do for the Ice Rink anyway), thus saving the football Club money.

Two constructions, but one owner!

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
The Duke":2fbtblfw said:
Stuart House":2fbtblfw said:

It's a promise he made years ago. He tends to keep his promises wherever possible. :scarf:

Feb 8, 2005
The Duke":36lycor2 said:
jimsing":36lycor2 said:
The Duke":36lycor2 said:
Stuart House":36lycor2 said:

Two owners, the Football Club and Brent.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
jimsing":26tfyt35 said:
The Duke":26tfyt35 said:
jimsing":26tfyt35 said:
The Duke":26tfyt35 said:
Stuart House":26tfyt35 said:

I thought the purpose of the consultation period is to allow people, not just interested in PAFC to have a look at what is planned for the stadium AND what is also going to be built in HHP so that both our grandstand and any other buildings are seen in their entirety. Nothing to do with being joint planning permission, just sight lines.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
jimsing":3n2bnulj said:
The Duke":3n2bnulj said:
jimsing":3n2bnulj said:
The Duke":3n2bnulj said:
Stuart House":3n2bnulj said:

I thought Brent and his wife were majority share holders? Must be mistaken.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
The Pavilions ice rink cannot be closed until an alternative site is provided. That was the deal between the Council and James Brent when he took over running the Pavilions Ice Rink.
In order to progress the development of the area between Western Approach and Millbay I presume that the Council want to see some movement by JB.

May 16, 2016
dennis the menace":28lncgpg said:
The Pavilions ice rink cannot be closed until an alternative site is provided. That was the deal between the Council and James Brent when he took over running the Pavilions Ice Rink.
In order to progress the development of the area between Western Approach and Millbay I presume that the Council want to see some movement by JB.

That's also how I see it.