Great Players | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Great Players

Apr 29, 2016
Prompted by a recent comment on Passoti, name a player who has played for Argyle who you consider a great player. I'll kick off Dave McLaren goalie.

Tugboat

Cream First
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Welicar Donor
โœ… Evergreen
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Depends on what you determine 'great' as.

Great in ability or great in what they achieved?

Apr 29, 2016
The comment inferred that great players wouldn't play for Argyle. Over the last 50 years. I reckon quite a number of great players have played for Argyle. Therefore the interpretation is up to the individual I suppose.

Lancastergreen

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ
Cream First
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Welicar Donor
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Tommy tynan, Norris, nails, shilton. Most of the time it was grey to see them in action regardless of who they are. The kemp era had some great players around, I wad only a kid but they were great.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš–๏ธ
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Do you mean great as in ability or great as in what they did at Argyle though? Because someone like Emile Mpenza could be considered the former and not the latter.

Lancastergreen

๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ
Cream First
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Welicar Donor
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
It's your personal interpretation cobi

Apr 30, 2011
Shilton, Grobelaar, Taribo West. Only three that would fit my interpretation of great in my era.

cheshiregreen

โœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Lancastergreen":3qlfndon said:
Tommy tynan, Norris, nails, shilton. Most of the time it was grey to see them in action regardless of who they are. The kemp era had some great players around, I wad only a kid but they were great.

Who are you thinking of?

My recollection is the Kemp team was full of journeymen players.

Apr 29, 2016
Don't disagree with any mentioned would add Jim Furnell, Paul Mariner, Ernie Machin, Graham Carey and I'll think some more.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš–๏ธ
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
In terms of ability Scott Sinclair is the best player I've seen play for us.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ช Welicar Donor
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
That's goal the cup v Barnet was brilliant