Squad | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Squad

Sep 25, 2010
The standard of the new players compared to last season squad is very noticeable.

For example

Robert te Locke for Dorel
Ryan Edwards for Bulvitis
Aaron Taylor Sinclair for Purrington
Jamie Ness for Conor Smith
Lionel Ainsworth for Slew
Ruben Lameiras for Donaldson
Joel Grant for Spencer
Plus Wylde as another addition to the squad.

So need another replacements for Brunt/Ijaha
So the quality of the new acquisitions seems to be a higher standard.

Looking good

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Martyn":2iqc2ux5 said:
The standard of the new players compared to last season squad is very noticeable.

For example

Robert te Locke for Dorel
Ryan Edwards for Bulvitis
Aaron Taylor Sinclair for Purrington
Jamie Ness for Conor Smith
Lionel Ainsworth for Slew
Ruben Lameiras for Donaldson
Joel Grant for Spencer
Plus Wylde as another addition to the squad.

So need another replacements for Brunt/Ijaha
So the quality of the new acquisitions seems to be a higher standard.

Looking good

Jamie Ness has yet to prove a thing.

Apr 5, 2016
Ben purrington was a very good full back for us, hence the move up a league. I'd have him back

Mar 21, 2008
We've moved up a league so I would hope we'd be going for better quality but to me this squad still has the feel of a good league 2 squad rather than a league 1 standard squad. I don't feel that we've replaced Spencer or Garita with an equivalent so for me we're currently really short of strikers and competitive options, but at the same time I want Adams to get them right so I'm glad he's not rushing into it.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Far too early to tell if they're all any better than what we had. I've seen all the pre season games and the only exception, in my opinion, is Ruben Lameiras. He could be something special. However, I dont think we can judge any of them properly until the season gets underway.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I'd like Jervis to have a good run at the lone striker role. With the creativity from central midfield he could thrive of the ball to feet through balls played into him

Mar 21, 2008
As I've said on one of the pre-season match threads every pre season when we haven't had a competitive game for a couple of months people start suggesting Jervis could be a striker for us because we've typically been short in that area and he does well against non-league opposition. Then the league starts and within a couple games there's messages all over the forum berating him for being crap and lazy, and that's even at league 2 level. Jervis is not good enough to play as a lone striker in a Derek Adams style setup, in fact I think even Ryan Taylor may find it harder at this level than we realise right now, I'm hoping that we haven't yet signed our main striker.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
First impressions after watching 3 preseason games against mediocre opposition is it looks a stronger squad except for the strikers we still need a jack in the box, the real test will be come August when we start for real, come September we should be in a better position to judge.

Jan 27, 2012
I'm being controversial here, but I wouldn't expect too much of Ainsworth or Grant based on their careers so far. Both are 29 and have not found it easy to hold down first team places at smaller clubs than Argyle. They are competent professionals but I'm not sure if they are going to be first choices or squad players. Id love to see Kennedy back but that seems unlikely given Jervis and Wilde also play on the flanks.