♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Pre-season over for the SG, the first meeting of the new season is on Thursday 27 July in the GT suite starting at 2pm the guest speaker will be Mike Trebilcock should be a very interesting meeting.

Annual Membership is due at this meeting £10, new members welcome just turn up a on the day Lorriane will sort you out.

Mods would you please keep this near the top of the leader for a few days.

Thank You.

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Well done Mike looking forward to it, I still think about the FA Cup and his 2 goals when he left the greens and played in that magical final against Sheffield Wednesday ( secret Everton fan as well )

Jan 3, 2013
Ken Beale":khxqhwjq said:
Well done Mike looking forward to it, I still think about the FA Cup and his 2 goals when he left the greens and played in that magical final against Sheffield Wednesday ( secret Everton fan as well )
51 years ago

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Played against him 60 years ago Plymouth schoolboys v Easy Cornwall we won 7-1 Mike scored their one goal.

Jan 3, 2013
Cornwall always was easy.......remember playing for Barclays Devon and Somerset at Kimberley, won 8-2 I scored 5 ........1972! I was 9 st 7 lb then.....

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
How many years ago, blimey am I that old. GREEN ARMY

Jan 3, 2013
TinTin":138yu4g5 said:
Knarf Reprah":138yu4g5 said:
Cornwall always was easy.......remember playing for Barclays Devon and Somerset at Kimberley, won 8-2 I scored 5 ........1972! I was 9 st 7 lb then.....

So NOTHING really has changed, Frank ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Ha bloody ha

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Knarf Reprah":1ks6harv said:

So selection from 2 counties played one county i.e. Cornwall. Hardly an equal contest? From what I can recall Devon were not so hot at rugby, cricket, golf or hockey. We probably felt sorry for you and wanted to get into the pub early. KERNOW BYS VYKEN!

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Quintrell_Green":2yarjmke said:
Knarf Reprah":2yarjmke said:

So selection from 2 counties played one county i.e. Cornwall. Hardly an equal contest? From what I can recall Devon were not so hot at rugby, cricket, golf or hockey. We probably felt sorry for you and wanted to get into the pub early. KERNOW BYS VYKEN!

That was Barclays inter company if you had a pair of boots you were in, Micky mouse football. :whistle:

Jan 3, 2013
dunlop":1dsuqob3 said:
Quintrell_Green":1dsuqob3 said:
Knarf Reprah":1dsuqob3 said:

That was Barclays inter company if you had a pair of boots you were in, Micky mouse football. :whistle:

Don't think so....

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I remember his debut for Argyle like it was yesterday. He smashed the ball high into the net from all of a yard out and wheeled away in delight. It was a sign that he knew how to be in the right place. Mike was one of the beneficiaries of manager Ellis Stuttard giving youth its head as the pre-Christmas promotion prospects had disappeared a lot quicker than the frost and snow that dominated that winter of 1963. John Leiper, Mike Reeves, Dave Roberts, Richard Davis and Colin Buckingham had all been given a run in the side. Trebs had been scoring regularly for the reserves and came in for his debut against Southampton on Good Friday 1963 wearing the same number nine that one of the opposition had once worn. At centre forward for Saints was George Kirby who had controversially been sold by Argyle in September 1962. The crowd was 18207 (according to GoS) or 18389 according to ENFA. According to a story in the next day's Herald, whichever figure is correct both could have been better. A Mr Dawkins and his father had driven down from Hampshire for the game. When they arrived at the car park at around 2.20pm they were pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to park. As they walked to the ground Mr Dawkins senior said to his son: "I thought it would have been busier for a Bank Holiday game." Well, old chap, had you been there for the 1100 kick off you would have found it was really busy!!!! In 1964-65 Mike Trebilcock really prospered under Malcolm Allison and always played if he was fit. The following season he averaged a goal every other game but at the time he went to Everton he had been overlooked for several games. After 11 games over two and a half seasons at Goodison he moved on to Portsmouth where he played with Norman Piper, Richie Reynolds and Nicky Jennings, each of whom had also prospered under Malcolm Allison. As Johnny Newman said to me recently - "if the Argyle had kept that quartet things may have been different."

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Good story Steve brings back a lot of good memories.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Ken Beale":2yrxehj4 said:
Thanks for that Steve hope to see you on Thursday.
Unfortunately it seems too late to get an advance rail ticket but I am seriously considering driving down from Romsey and back on the day for this one Ken. Mike comes from an era at HP which brings back so many good memories from a carefree time. (Is it membership renewal day and what time do you open?)