Carey and Lameiras positions???? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carey and Lameiras positions????

B

bkkgreen

Do Carey and Lameiras play well together? Was Carey as effective on the left as he is in the middle?

Mar 23, 2008
I didn't see the game so can't comment but from what I've heard I think its great we have these two. I think Carey will be a marked man with a sense of 'stop Carey and stop Argyle' but how can teams man mark him if they don't know which position he plays in? Carey will spend much of his time in the No.10 role I'm sure but i bet DA will mix it up and put Lameiras there and Carey on either side and then interchange. That way if the opposition have someone to man mark Carey, they then have to either come out wide dragging their position about or let him go freeing him up, either way allows Carey or Lameiras more space.

Oct 24, 2010
I think Carey's best position is on the right of a front three. He likes to take defenders on and as they are terrified of him cutting in on his left foot they give him plenty of space for him to go on the outside and get to the by-line, which he did on several occasions last season. Also being Carey he will have plenty of scope to go looking for the ball if he is not getting into the game.
What little I've seem of Lameiras (Weston and Torquay) I have been impressed. He has excellent control, can see a pass and has a very good work ethic and will go looking for the ball, and will work hard at winning it back. I felt Tanner wasn't great in the number ten role because I felt he played too far forward and was virtually a second striker waiting for the ball to come to him and as a result he spent long spells being out of the game and left us light in midfield. I don't think we will see that with Lameiras.