Twente Game Off! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Twente Game Off!

D

deanthegreenmachine

Someone should get a pasoti/fans 11 together and have a charity match out there..

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Wonder if this has anything to do with the fact Everton went out there last week and there was loads of trouble.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
That is 2 games pulled. It is a shame for DA trying to get his squad up to speed. There were no contracts involved so Argyle cannot claim compensation from the Dutch teams. We await the further Dutch excuse for backing out. I hope it is something more credible than a cheese fair.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
I knew Del was looking to build on last years team but didn't think we'd have the opposition running scared even before the season began. :funny:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
deanthegreenmachine":30y17mjh said:
Someone should get a pasoti/fans 11 together and have a charity match out there..
My thoughts exactly. Pick a couple of teams from the alleged 400 that's travelling and play at the hotel's training pitch.

Jan 27, 2012
I am already a concerned at the very low standard of opposition for Argyle's pre-season games. The defenders have hardly had anything to do against these local, amateur non-league teams.

If the Dutch matches are called off then its a complete shambles. Argyle need to be tested against professional players of an equivalent standard or higher. Otherwise what's the point ?

All resources must be put into getting alternative fixtures re-arranged in Holland or a neighbouring country. Hopefully with better quality opposition.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Last year whilst in Holland with Argyle and I went and watched Southampton vs Twente at the u21 ground in Hengelo, where we were supposed to be playing. Plenty of beer consumed by the Saints fans scattered amongst the Dutch and no trouble whatsoever. Wonder what the excuse is this time!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Blimey! It currently means our last pre-season game before we play Peterborough in two weeks is tonight against Cardiff.

Adams plans things right down to the minute details so he will be fuming about this, especially when players like Bradley and Sokolik need match fitness.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
FC Twente have posted a statement on their website, it looks like the same excuse used for the cancellation of the FC Emmen game - too many fans and not enough police. There is clearly a lot of wrong information being given. A Google translation below .....

The practice match Young FC Twente - Plymouth Argyle, to be played at the Training Center on Friday, does not go on. The municipality of Hengelo does not give permission for the duel.
Reason for this - the municipality of Hengelo is on the one hand - the inconveniences surrounding FC Twente's practice tackles during the preparation, on the other hand, it is unclear how many fans from England came across. Because only late contact has been reached about this match, the municipality of Hengelo indicates that insufficient police support can be used at this time that day to address any irregularities.