Changes in board room

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Directors Peter Jones and David Felwick to step down and two new directors to come in. Simon Hallett is now vice-chairman.

club statement

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It seems obvious one new director will be female. A director at Ginsters, Paul Berne, has just joined the Argyle Community Trust as a director so he's another possibility.

P

Piran-Pilgrim

Reading between the lines would not be surprised by a female director which as JB wants more Women and Children to attend may be a good idea, also alot has been stated about Simon Hallett taking over as Chairman, is this the first step of that?.

P

Piran-Pilgrim

On a plus thanks to Peter Jones and David Felwick you have both helped steady our ship.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The final member of the old guard has gone- GOOD.

P. Jones should never have been welcomed back to HP in my opinion. An opinion he acknowledged in good humour the one time I met him. (At Tiverton a few years back in the bar with IJN)

I wish both leaving directors well as I have no reason to do otherwise.

Jul 29, 2010
Interesting. I take it as board presence at Argyle has little or nothing to do with share ownership this sort of 'refresh' is possible and can have benefits. No aspersions against the individuals concerned but it stops the 'stale old fart' sort of situation developing over time.

Jul 29, 2010
Argylegames":dkw9rtgr said:

P. Jones should never have been welcomed back to HP in my opinion...
Is Tony Wrathall exempt from that association?

May 22, 2006
Argylegames":2atm1slm said:

P. Jones should never have been welcomed back to HP in my opinion. An opinion he acknowledged in good humour the one time I met him. (At Tiverton a few years back in the bar with IJN)

What's the problem with Peter Jones?

Apr 1, 2009
I think it is very positive to seek to refresh the Board at regular intervals. Boards get stale after a period, and the contribution of each individual is, too often, predictable. Fresh ideas and positivity are a must. Well done!

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Good corporate governance is for a board to change periodically, perhaps even with fixed tenures for some of the positions.

P

Piran-Pilgrim

Heard after USA elections a Mrs H Clinton is interested lol

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Ham Green":1r7j2omz said:
Argylegames":1r7j2omz said:

What's the problem with Peter Jones?

I saw no problem with him coming back, but to a sector of Argyle's support he was guilty by association when the Club failed financially. How committed financially he was second time around, I have no idea, no do I wish to know.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
To be honest I never saw what Peter Jones brought to the table (apart from an argagant demeanour) He was allegedly brought in as he had marketing experience, but let's be honest it didn't work as Argyle have been poo in that department for a number of years & have only started to address this area since Simon came on board.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2g68lkj8 said:
It seems obvious one new director will be female. A director at Ginsters, Paul Berne, has just joined the Argyle Community Trust as a director so he's another possibility.
Jane Hallett would be the ideal candidate but for the fact she's based in the US.

Apr 1, 2009
Keepitgreen":21pqd25h said:
PL2 3DQ":21pqd25h said:
Jane Hallett would be the ideal candidate but for the fact she's based in the US.

Why?

I don't know anything about Jane. Does she have commercial experience, independently of Simon? On the whole I'm not a fan of Husband/Wife Boardroom partnerships. If she would merely back up Simon's contributions, that's a terrible waste of a seat on the Board.