Radio devon | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Radio devon

Apr 6, 2009
Will I be able to listen to away games on radio devon this year or will.I have to purchase ifollow?
Vaguely remember something similar but cant remember

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Assuming you are in the county then you will receive BBC Radio Devon's sports coverage each match day. They will cover all Argyle League, LC and FAC matches and if you are in the Plymouth area, all commentaries will be on live on 95.7FM. Elsewhere in the county and on county wide frequencies including DAB you will get their featured match which may not always be Argyle.

Apr 6, 2009
Oh ok so I can. I am in plymouth. I thought I read they were.going.to stop it but maybe that was a dream!!
Went to most away matches last season so no problem but wont get to as many this season

Jul 13, 2006
So that's different from last season then? Here in Exmouth I think only once I had a problem listening to an away match.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Westbury Green":j6vp51ca said:
So I have paid up annual membership of iplayer which runs out in January, does anyone know if that's transferred to ifollow?
Mine, which runs out in September, has been, in theory, although the first "live" game of the season will be the real test.

Dec 20, 2011
:? I have always been able to listen to radio Devon for argyle away games via iplayera and the radio. Also 720 on the tv!

I am still being debited for the privilege of Ifollow(I player)

Can I assume then that there is really no change for listening to Radio Devon commentaries?

All this is very confusing...Mind you I am 76! :?

For someone who has NOT followed this topic on here.

1st mistake ?

Listening to Argyle Player/Argyle World for the last 4 years in China via Radio Devon has been OK but we have "had our moments" !

Now, I am about to return and chosen the iFollow monthly option at £4.49 ?

Completing the payment details yesterday, I received a message on screen that I had already joined !!

How strange was that ?

I have emailed their Support Department and I await the reply.

I will keep a careful eye on this new provider starting next week ?

Will broadcast on here - if relevant ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Lundan Cabbie":2kqwc6m3 said:
Assuming you are in the county then you will receive BBC Radio Devon's sports coverage each match day. They will cover all Argyle League, LC and FAC matches and if you are in the Plymouth area, all commentaries will be on live on 95.7FM. Elsewhere in the county and on county wide frequencies including DAB you will get their featured match which may not always be Argyle.
So as I understand this post, the live commentary exclusivity through Argyle Player/i-Player etc. has now completely gone? Last year, admittedly via my laptop and sitting in Hampshire, I could only listen to live Radio Devon commentary of FA Cup games.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
As I understand it :
Radio Devon will broadcast live Radio commentary for the Plymouth region (as before)
iFollow will broadcast the live commentary (presumably the Radio Devon feed) for all subscribers (as per Argyle Player before)
iFollow will broadcast the live video stream for overseas subscribers

So as far as commentary is concerned, everything should be as before...

Jul 13, 2006
warney":1qxu3i4o said:
As I understand it :
Radio Devon will broadcast live Radio commentary for the Plymouth region (as before)
iFollow will broadcast the live commentary (presumably the Radio Devon feed) for all subscribers (as per Argyle Player before)
iFollow will broadcast the live video stream for overseas subscribers

So as far as commentary is concerned, everything should be as before...

How is the " Plymouth region" defined?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
TinTin":918bxd3l said:
For someone who has NOT followed this topic on here.

1st mistake ?

Listening to Argyle Player/Argyle World for the last 4 years in China via Radio Devon has been OK but we have "had our moments" !

Now, I am about to return and chosen the iFollow monthly option at £4.49 ?

Completing the payment details yesterday, I received a message on screen that I had already joined !!

How strange was that ?

I have emailed their Support Department and I await the reply.

I will keep a careful eye on this new provider starting next week ?

Will broadcast on here - if relevant ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:
I'd have thought you'd have taken advantage of the live video streaming available to overseas subscribers.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
foreigner":2hkguhm9 said:

I think it's the broadcast on 97.5 FM from the local Plymouth transmitter. So if you're in range, you can get it. Similarly for over the air DAB. Although I stand to be corrected by someone with first hand experience ...

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
warney":2mdxo2bu said:
foreigner":2mdxo2bu said:

I think it's the broadcast on 97.5 FM from the local Plymouth transmitter. So if you're in range, you can get it. Similarly for over the air DAB. Although I stand to be corrected by someone with first hand experience ...

BBC Radio Devon's DAB output is now county wide and Argyle games will only be on this platform when Argyle are the featured match. When they aren't the featured match, the commentary will be on 95.7FM in the Plymouth broadcast area, as it will be for every match.