Commercial opportunity being missed? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Commercial opportunity being missed?

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Nothing personal against the outgoing Peter Jones who I know was active in our survival fight but I do hope whoever replaces him is going to be a lot more proactive in marketing the club in order to take advantage of commercial activities.
Tonight Donny Rovers play Sheffield Wednesday and I will be going to support my grandson whose U9 team have been invited to do mascot/flag waving duties. When I say invited I mean Donny contacted the club to offer them a package for £14.
For that they get a stadium tour, meet Darren Ferguson&/or a few players, an hour's coaching with one of their Community Coaches,(saves on scouting!) wave flags as teams come out and take penalties at half time. About 20 kids are going along with their parents & other family members such as myself who will be adding their tenners to their coffers.
I know it's not a huge amount in the greater scheme of things but it will add up to a tidy sum at the end of the season. The club go on about extra revenue lows but don't appear to be doing much to extend them whilst we wait for the Mayflower 2020 stand to open.

(Donny have also sold 3,500 tkts to Owls fans which is also a welcome boost to finances I imagine)

C

chappers16

Argyle do this for every home game. As my sons football club has got the 1st home game £15 each tour, hr coaching at goals, lunch and ticket for the game.

C

chappers16

Match-Day Magic 2017-18

WE are now taking bookings for Match-Day Magic opportunities over the 2017-18 season.

Our highly successful match-day experience opens the Home Park doors to youth football clubs, schools and community groups across Devon and Cornwall to savour the flavour of a first-team game at the Theatre of Greens.

Our magical package includes a ground tour, coaching session, lunch and seats in our award-winning Family Stand.

For more information, please contact stewart.walbridge@pafc.co.uk or alec.brenton@pafc.co.uk or call 01752 562561 ext.4

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
On this note.....does anyone know why we don't offer a Junior Greens membership anymore?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":15klttbi said:
Adam":15klttbi said:
On this note.....does anyone know why we don't offer a Junior Greens membership anymore?

Probably too much effort required
PL2 CREW FOR UNDER 16s
MEMBERSHIP of the PL2 Crew for 2017-18 is just £10, or just £5 for junior Members, for which you will receive:
a membership card and small gift
free entry to one Sky Bet EFL game
a discount in the Argyle Superstore or on Sky Bet EFL tickets*
a voucher for an Argyle in the Community holiday course
entry into exclusive raffles/competitions
a regular newsletter
Contact Argyle in the Community at Home Park (email: community@pafc.co.uk; telephone 01752 562561, option 4) for details on how to join the PL2 Crew.

Memberships

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That sounds like a lot of effort put into it.

Do you ever get ANYTHING right Mr Harper?

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Keepitgreen":czm5nlko said:
Knarf Reprah":czm5nlko said:
Adam":czm5nlko said:

PL2 CREW FOR UNDER 16s
MEMBERSHIP of the PL2 Crew for 2017-18 is just £10, or just £5 for junior Members, for which you will receive:
a membership card and small gift
free entry to one Sky Bet EFL game
a discount in the Argyle Superstore or on Sky Bet EFL tickets*
a voucher for an Argyle in the Community holiday course
entry into exclusive raffles/competitions
a regular newsletter
Contact Argyle in the Community at Home Park (email: community@pafc.co.uk; telephone 01752 562561, option 4) for details on how to join the PL2 Crew.

Memberships

I think the Junior Green Membership was slightly different to this. I remember getting into each home match for £1 (as long as I was with a paying adult).

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Glad to hear Argyle are doing this after all Grandson was beaming after experience of marching around pitch. They didn't get to meet any players but as he's not a fan he wasn't at all bothered. Donny community "coach" was good with kids but basically watched them play 5 a side after a few warm up activities . At halftime all 20 kids lined up and each scored a penalty against Donny the Dog mascot.
Owls won 2 1 thanks to extra class of Bannan, Cooper & 6'6 giant with v good touch they brought on in second half.
Donny looked comfortable organised but Wednesday blunted attacking options with several professional fouls

Jan 3, 2013
Bermudian Green":26hw969c said:
Knarf Reprah":26hw969c said:
Adam":26hw969c said:

Do you really have to snipe at each and every opportunity without actually knowing the answer?

I said ....PROBABLY......you must admit our marketing leaves a lot to be desired........take off the green tinted glasses

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Jerry with green tinted glasses? You even get that wrong.

BM's point was that you seem to throw moans around without having a clue what you are talking about.

I've been on the receiving end of that, and if I was face to face with you, my answer would be simple 'You're talking sh**e'.

Try thinking before pressing that button, it may save you embarrassing yourself. I doubt whether someone like you will listen, but I thought it worth a go.

Jan 3, 2013
Not allowed to express an opinion then? Our marketing leaves a lot to be desired , and if you can't see that, that is poor

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
1) Of course you're allowed an opinion, but people are telling you to think about your comments. They are not backed up by any facts, just your insatiable need to moan.

2) You made a comment about 'a lot of effort' yet it was proved that some real thought has gone into this.

3) Why do you think Argyle are advertising for a Marketing Manager?

4) I also suggest you think about the implications your moaning has. You'll run out of friends soon.