Final league one table as the bookies currently see it | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Final league one table as the bookies currently see it

Mar 21, 2008
Only the bookies predictions admittedly so take as much or as little from it as you will, thought it'd make for an interesting debate (with probably some uninformed chucking of toys out of the pram thrown in for good measure), would we be happy with 18th?

index.php

Oct 24, 2013
I'd be happy enough with this, on the proviso that there is a good 4-9 point gap between us and the relegation places. Don't want any last day dramas.

I think this season is all about consolidation and anything more is a bonus.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
OwenJones":14o7aw24 said:
Ha, Portsmouth in 3rd!!!
My thoughts exactly.

Mar 21, 2008
OwenJones":3by29tw6 said:
Ha, Portsmouth in 3rd!!!

Pompey have strengthened quite well to be fair also recently adding Brett Pitman to their strikers who could be one of the best finishers in the division. Pompey are also always slightly over-rated with bookies because of their following and they have a new manager which could go either way (I didn't rate Cook that much I think he always underachieved with them)

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Rob_GT4":1psaecz4 said:
OwenJones":1psaecz4 said:
Ha, Portsmouth in 3rd!!!

Pompey have strengthened quite well to be fair also recently adding Brett Pitman to their strikers who could be one of the best finishers in the division. Pompey are also always slightly over-rated with bookies because of their following and they have a new manager which could go either way (I didn't rate Cook that much I think he always underachieved with them)

Going up as Champions? Some under achievement? Not sure what else as a Pompey Fan you could expect last season? As it says nobody wins the title at christmas or on 30th April if they Did Donny Rovers would have the trophy there fans were expecting 5 games out !

I do understand the sentiment in that he didnt make it easy for himself but ultimately you can only win the league you are in and he did it albeit by the fact that Leyton Orient scored twice in last 5 mins against us at HP !
And for what its worth I think Wigan are a better bet than Blackburn for the title this time and also expect Charlton & Bradford to go close, Cant see how Donny have strengthened more than us to be above us either they seem to be looking for loans and struggling to find cash for signings

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Every season Portsmouth are heavily backed by their fans so their odds are always short

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I backed us at 10-1 to go up by any means which seemed a little generous.

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
My £20 put on with William Hills got 25-1 for champions, I do it every season how bloody unlucky last season.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
The bookies are rarely wrong so reality about how tough a season it could be will set in soon.

If you thought results at home were poor last year god help us this season. I certainly think we will lose more than we win although I'm hoping we don't dance with RELEGATION all season.
16th will do nicely

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Can't for the life of me see how Fleetwood rank so highly in that table if based on the money being placed on teams. :think:

Mar 10, 2007
Have a feeling in my water we will be going straight up. Not sure whether it will be as champions or other means, so will back both. At least the weather has been ropey recently, so I don;t feel so bad about wishing the summer away! :scarf:

Sep 6, 2006
samjones":1y9meb6h said:
The bookies are rarely wrong so reality about how tough a season it could be will set in soon.

If you thought results at home were poor last year god help us this season. I certainly think we will lose more than we win although I'm hoping we don't dance with relegation all season.
16th will do nicely

Actually they are often wrong with the lower leagues and especially this sort of bet. What odds did they give on Leicester?! Last odds I say we were 25.1 with sevral other teams with only about 12 teams with lower odds.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
samjones":3k53r1pk said:

If you thought results at home were poor last year god help us this season. I certainly think we will lose more than we win although I'm hoping we don't dance with relegation all season.
16th will do nicely
They weren't apart from the Tuesday night games.