Argyle survey and incentive plan | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle survey and incentive plan

Aug 2, 2011
I have just received a telephone call from someone purporting to be on behalf of Argyle and doing a survey plus wishing to discuss an incentive plan. I declined to take part. Anyone know if this is genuine ?

Jan 3, 2013
Her indoors had a call this morning.......I was at the senior greens, they said they'd ring back......they haven't.....

Aug 2, 2011
Knarf Reprah":1pjlbo2g said:
Her indoors had a call this morning.......I was at the senior greens, they said they'd ring back......they haven't.....

Interesting, the guy said if I was busy he would ring back I just forget it. If it is genuine it would be helpful if the club said they were undertaking a survey that way they would be likely to get more cooperation.

Jan 3, 2013
Playing devil's advocate........typical half cocked Argo .......but the green tintswill say I'm moaning again......

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I had a call yesterday linked to the Big green Lottery. They asked me a few questions about my thoughts about the coming season and the summer transfers etc. and then asked me about the lottery and whether I would be interested in joining it. It seemed pretty obvious to me that the 'survey' was just a way of getting into conversation about things before getting into the lottery info.

I wasn't entirely convinced that the person on the other end of the phone really knew much about Argyle. It seemed like they had been briefed about a few key topics (e.g. great to re-sign Carey, discussion of whether Carey and Lameiras could play together) sufficient for them to sort of engage in a mostly scripted conversation but I might be wrong about that. The Birmingham accent didn't help...
[not that it really matters of not - promoting the lottery isn't a bad thing however it is done]

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
The Doctor":16m9svvw said:
I had a call yesterday linked to the Big green Lottery. They asked me a few questions about my thoughts about the coming season and the summer transfers etc. and then asked me about the lottery and whether I would be interested in joining it. It seemed pretty obvious to me that the 'survey' was just a way of getting into conversation about things before getting into the lottery info.
i had the same telephone call a couple of hours ago.

Jan 3, 2013
Just had the call! Marketing carried out under the guise of a survey, answered the questions then was asked if I was interested in the green lottery, I responded that I wasted £50 from November to April and was fed up with the shambolic organisation, still hadn't received a membership card so cancelled the standing order...... cue answer "thanks for your time"
Reminds me of double glazing salesmen .....

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Knarf Reprah":1equ4t4b said:
Just had the call! Marketing carried out under the guise of a survey, answered the questions then was asked if I was interested in the green lottery, I responded that I wasted £50 from November to April and was fed up with the shambolic organisation, still hadn't received a membership card so cancelled the standing order...... cue answer "thanks for your time"

Because you didn't receive your membership card you cancelled your contribution to the future of our club. Wow.

Jan 3, 2013
Daz":1451514j said:
Knarf Reprah":1451514j said:

Because you didn't receive your membership card you cancelled your contribution to the future of our club. Wow.

Because the whole organisation was poor, seems better now though. I was fed up with receiving promises that didn't materialise or promised emails not being received . Consequently I decided to cut my losses....... what's wrong with that?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I ruined the whole conversation really because right at the start I said that I was aware of the lottery and intimated that I wasn't interested in paying out more money via a regular payment so that rather rendered the 'survey' part of the conversation useless. But the chap on the phone soldiered on, politely asked me the questions and entered into the formulaic 'banter' about the club.

Jul 12, 2016
I have already been contacted by these people on 3 occasions I declined to discuss anything with them and made excuses that I was too busy. Not impressed if Argyle initiated this survey.