Parking around Home Park (merged) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Parking around Home Park (merged)

Jul 29, 2012
The details are in the article.The principal parking affected is in those streets off Pennyconequick roundabout which run on the Central Park side parallel to Alma Road . Those roads won't be available to park in on a match day Saturday.

Jul 29, 2012
I might add that it what it doesn't make clear is the where zones S and R are located.

Dec 3, 2005
Thank you for your replies, I found the more detailed link after my initial message.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Every time I parked in Furneaux Road and the other streets around there I always used think to myself "If I lived around here this would really wind me up." Public transport will increasingly become the only safe option from the parking militia.

Apr 6, 2009
not mentioned on the article but i noticed the de le hay ave/whittington street/ Amerhurst road all had permit parking for some times in the middle of the day also. didn't check the days though so could not be saturday as i was there on a week day.

I completely agree with you memory man, my nan lives on Ponsonby Road and my mum visits every afternoon but on a saturday she has to get there early enough to park outside her house. Luckily in turn her neighbour doesn't drive so lets us park on her drive if we need to so for matches like the Liverpool match very useful!

Apr 30, 2017
I normally park on Milehouse road, if not down the bottom near the Job Centre. Is this still OK? Don't massively understand the council site or the herald article.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I live in Stoke and I'm surprised we don't get more match day vehicles seeing as there are no restrictions whatsoever.

Apr 9, 2011
Seems the council are going out of their way to discourage anyone going to matches who aren't served by public transport in the Plymouth area. Supporters living in Cornwall & there are many who have no option but to drive & park might just as well forget it !I .know there are buses come from Cornwall but they are not practical for everyone living the other side of the Tamar.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Fine - discourage commuters from parking in residential street 5/6 days a week, all day.
But football?? a problem?
Once a fortnight? One Tuesday night a quarter?
Come on guys, be real!!
The local school gives me bigger 'problems' than that. No, I don't complain, they are our (village's) kids!
People who bought houses round Central Park probably got them cheaper and knew the football ground was there. 99% of a year there is no parking by fans. They then have good pedestrian access to the park - lovely!
three hours, once a fortnight?
Don't move your car on a Saturday, stay home? - sorted.
Come home after 6 pm - sorted
take public transport or walk into town - sorted
Better still, walk to Argyle, watch the match - sorted! :thumbs:

A 'non' problem tbh!