James Brent and my old man

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Some of you will recall that at the end of last season my dad decided to call it a day at 83 years of age due to a dodgy ticker. he was a season ticket holder in the grandstand just behind the director's box.

Somehow James Brent hears about this, and invited him to be his guest at the first home game of the league One season. This was a lovely, unnecessary and unheralded gesture from JB whom my dad had never met. Touched as we all were, my dad never expected to be able to make it, as it would be virtually four months later and he was feeling very frail.

He gave up his season ticket and was resigned to listening to Radio Devon for his Argyle fix.

He was prescribed some new medication in May, and amazingly it gave him a new lease of life. he managed to reclaim his seat and was able to attend on Saturday as a guest of JB with my mum.

They went to the club shop last week to ensure they were decked out in suitable Argyle gear (sadly not full replica strips), turned up at 12.30 to be royally entertained with JB making time to talk to them and generally ensure they were happy, fed and watered, and of course entertained. They also got to chat at length to Sparksy who is a legend to my dad (naturally). Argyle did the business on the pitch.

In short, they loved it, and have tremendous respect for JB for this outstanding gesture for a life long fan. As I do.

:scarf:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Marvellous indeed, but from my few and limited experiences of meeting and talking to JB, not the least bit surprising. He is a good man.

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Brilliant it just goes to show what a great family club PAFC are.

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
No arguments here believe Mr Brent has been 100% what it said on tin when he arrived......but other than that I genuinely believe he has fallen in love with the football club. Well done Mr Brent and I'm glad your Mum and Dad had a fab day.....be a nice gesture if he could invite someone each home game that had as much service as your Dad.....there must be a few.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Oh come on Penlee, there must be something you want to moan about!! ;)

Great story, a club is carried on the shoulders of it's fans, if they stumbled, it would fall!! :thumbs: :scarf:
Best wishes to your Dad, hope he gets to a few more! :thumbs:

(edit, ok you pedants the apostrophe in shoulders was a blip! Gone now, move on!)

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Pogleswoody said:
Oh come on Penlee, there must be something you want to moan about!! ;)

Aaarggh let me try and think of something :twisted: :thumbup: :problem:

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
We are very lucky to have James Brent As Our Chairman

Fantastic owner & Chairman

Thanks to James I have lived the dream & experienced the directors box & boardroom on Matchday

Our football Club is in great hands