RTL part two | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

RTL part two

Aug 3, 2017
So we got another chance, against a team we would probably all expect him to do better in than against Bristol.

What were your thoughts?

Personally the first goal, for me, is Songo'o's fault. Getting caught there is stupid and the kid had a 1 on 1. The second, I couldnt tell; was he obscured by the wall or should he have parried it. That's debatable. The real question is was he aware that penalty came off the post and did he ahift his body to make sure it didnt hit him and go in?

Glad there hasn't been the same bashing he got after Bristol. He is our number 2 after all!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Looking at the highlights, he should have done better with the free kick, takes a big step to the wrong side despite the ball not taking a deflection, and even then a keeper of his height/span should probably get a hand on it. Not a howler but one he'd definitely be expected to save.

Mar 14, 2009
He was unlucky with the first. Nearly saved it.

The second was very poor. Firstly, to be beaten on the side your protecting and because it wasn't hit with any real pace.

I'll be honest if McCormick loses form or gets injured l would be worried. My concern is because in a couple of games he has been beaten by the pace of the ball when in fact it wasn't hit that hard.

Apr 6, 2009
Thanks for posting these. My son was getting really tired so we left 5 mins early. That was a mistake!! Ive never left a game early but wqs trying to do the good parent thing!!

N

NorfolkGreen

Cobi Budge":1bafpo25 said:
Looking at the highlights, he should have done better with the free kick, takes a big step to the wrong side despite the ball not taking a deflection, and even then a keeper of his height/span should probably get a hand on it. Not a howler but one he'd definitely be expected to save.

He really did take a big step to the right, I was surprised how far into the middle he went.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Poor signing for L2 let alone L1.

Nothing personal but he just concedes far far too many goals.

Feb 8, 2005
Trouble is, we've been blessed with Luke for far too long, and no-one will come up to his standards.

Not by being number two, anyway, and a potential number one keeper will be playing every week elsewhere.

So stop your moaning will you, and accept the situation as it is.

Jul 14, 2008
Once again a player has been written off after one or two performances. Give him a chance to settle in for goodness sake. Fans of all clubs are so impatient these days.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Look a his stats over his career and the clubs he has played for.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
NorfolkGreen":2zqrdtrn said:
Cobi Budge":2zqrdtrn said:

He really did take a big step to the right, I was surprised how far into the middle he went.

I think there is mitigation in his failure to save the free kick because of the number of bodies in front of him impeding his direct sight line. At least he has a better excuse than Amos in failing to save JJ's shot from outside the penalty box last Saturday IMHO.

Oct 24, 2010
If he was to blame for the second goal it was because the wall was badly positioned which would be down to him. I wouldn't critisize him for not saving it; a ball coming low around the outside of the wall is very hard to stop, principally because he wouldn't have seen it until late.

Mar 21, 2008
He's positioned the wall to cover his right hand side of the goal and therefore it's his job to cover the left hand side of the goal unless the ball comes over the wall in which case it's likely to be a goal barring a fantastic save. As the balls kicked he incorrectly takes a huge step to the right leaving himself wrong footed not covering the part of the goal that he's supposed to be in, and ball ends up going into the net not far away from where he was originally standing! It's just awful amateurish goalkeeping, you can even see Songo'o straight afterwards shouting at him as if to say what the hell are you doing and then putting his head in his hands exasperated.

If anything happens to McCormick we've got a problem, which negates the point of having a backup goalie in the first place.