Ciftci | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ciftci

Mar 23, 2008
Early days but what's everyone's view? For me, there's talent there but just not what we need, not enough nuisance value and doesn't work hard enough nor physical enough to make his mark. Wouldn't blame him for losing the three games he's played but do feel we looked better with Blissett there who distracts defenders and look what a difference Fletcher made - just with some desire and movement. Ciftci is too static and should have buried his chance, his free kick was good but doesn't seem like a good fit.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
I think he is unfairly taking a battering for today. He ran his arse off whilst on the pitch and won some clever free kicks. If that FK had gone in instead of hitting the bar it would have been a great goal (i know if, buts and maybes).

Good player for me.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I think he would benefit from having the ball played to his feet.

Feb 17, 2017
Looks a quality above anything else we've got, struggling with fitness still, once he gets on the score sheet I think we'll see a different player. Quality free kick should have been 1-1 and everyone would be singing his praises, probably would have buried his 1v1 aswell after confidence of scoring the free kick. Could have easily had two goals today, of a striker gets chances it's only a matter of time before it drops for them.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i only watch home matches now and he was vastly improved from the scunny game.unlucky with the free kick.jury still out for me.

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
Reminds me of Stevie Crawford , clever player but not match fit in my opinion.
Fletcher looked good and caused them issues as he ran at the defenders, think we need a more busy striker in certain games like today.
I'm sure our number 9 will come good in time.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
He's always gonna struggle when feeding off scraps. He's not a lone man striker. Saying that however, he was good today. Worked very hard.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
It's hard to make a judgement on a player that is so clearly not fit enough.

He's been thrown in at the deep end by Adams playing a lone front man role where he's expected to chase down two/three match fit defenders. It makes zero sense to me.

Stick him on late in games as an impact sub or give him someone up top to do the leg work but to expect him to chase down defenders when he's so far behind them fitness wise is cruel. By the time he is actually fit he'll be so bereft of confidence he'll need even more time to build himself back up again.

Feb 17, 2017
Spot on OllieArgyle9 he spent most the first time chasing defenders trying to close down, loose hopeless balls to chase. He had one clear cut chance which was a good save, and an inch lower on the free kick would have scored. He even looks frustrated with his own fitness. Thrown in the deep end by Adams whose got his tactics wrong, can't blame the striker

Mar 23, 2008
Most comments more positive than I feel but beauty of the game, all about opinions. My worry is that it isn't fitness, that's just his style/pace with a touch of the RR. Plenty of talent but will turn it on when he fancies it and if not will throw his hands about. Hope he comes good but again, not sure its a good fit and think we need more from a solo striker.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I'm starting to wonder how much DA can make a judgment about strikers. Reid scored 2 more today and as he was dropped after a couple of 20 goals+ seasons and the the first under Adams he was getting over a persistent injury it leads credence to DA not knowing what he's doing. That plus dropping Blunt who again is getting over an injury but he at least knew the club and wanted to play for us.

Given that his recruitment of strikers this close season consisted of finding a last minute option after the season had begun and almost 2 months after Warnock's Cardiff played us in a PSF and knew we'd have problems, and again, when news comes through that he's looking at two possible free agents but again neither being a striker remains an enigma.

If DA was trying to bollox up our season he couldn't do a better job. We all know what we need and it's down to him we've ended up with slim pickings.

BTW, I do like Ciftci's endeavour, I'd just like more purpose.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Canā€™t say Iā€™m much impressed with Ciftci so far. I donā€™t like his pretty blatant ā€˜simulationā€™ at times ā€“ we grumble about ā€˜dark artsā€™ of others but he seems quite keen on them. It doesnā€™t always help either ā€“ a couple of times his attempts were waved away so we just lost momentum and had a player rolling around on the ground complaining. I know heā€™s still finding his fitness so we should cut him a little slack; but the energy that Fletcher brought when he came on was a massive contrast to Cifticiā€™s lumbering around. Iā€™d certainly go Fletcher and Blisset against Blackpool.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Still think he's got a commitment issue.

Just doesn't seem 100% on the effort front for a player whose trying to revive his career

Jul 30, 2015
Plymouth
I personally think he could be a decent striker and we could do with being patient while he settles and gets used to the system. He might turn out to be great, might not, but writing people off after a couple of games is never helpful.