🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Travel to Bury by tram and bus

Bury : Gigg Lane, Bury, BL9 9HR

There is no railway station in Bury itself.

Bury Metrolink tram station. It is served by trams from Manchester Victoria & Piccadilly railway stations.
Trams take approximately 32 minutes from Manchester to Bury, and run allegedly about every 12 minutes.

The Good news for Old B***stds like me
The Concessionary Bus Travel Act states that everyone of state pensionable age and over in England can get free off-peak travel on all local buses anywhere in England.
On which buses can I use my pass?
You can use your pass on all local buses in England, no matter what colour or size the bus is, or which company runs it. You may be able to use your pass for local journeys on some long-distance services, but you should check with the bus company first.
Holders of other Transport Authorities NCTP (National Concessionary travel pass) in England
How much will I have to pay to travel on buses in Greater Manchester?
With your NCTP (National Concessionary travel pass), you can travel for free between 9.30am and 11pm Monday to Friday, and all day at weekends and on public holidays on all local buses throughout England.

The bad news
Your bus pass does not cover the tram. You will have to pay the full fare to travel on rail and Metrolink in Greater Manchester.
So:
Metrolink Departure Station, for example: Piccadilly
Arrival Station: Bury
Ticket Type: Adult Off Peak Return Ticket Cost: £ 4.30
Single Ticket Cost: £ 4.10

Bury Metrolink Station is about a 10-15 minute walk from the ground.
Head up the escalator from the platform and then left proceeding through the Bus Station. On exiting the bus station turn left and go across the the traffic lights signposted (A58) onto Knowsley Street. At the end of Knowsley Street, turn left onto Manchester Road signposted A56 Manchester. On reaching set of traffic lights with the Pack Horse Hotel, then on just passing the hotel bear left onto a small narrow street called Heaton Fold. At the bottom of this street turn left onto Gigg Lane and the ground is a short distance down on the right.

'Alternatively, use your bus pass on bus numbers; 90, 92, 135 and 137 They run every ten minutes down Manchester Road past the end of Gigg Lane'.

Jan 13, 2017
FGG reviews all seem to mention The Swan & Cemetery which looks like it's pretty close to the ground. Also the Art Picture House is a Wetherspoons not too far up the road towards the town centre. Must be mad but looking forward to this one even after some of the horror shows we've seen so far this season - the rot has to stop somewhere right?
COYG!

I'm looking forward to it as it'll be my first match since the opening day. Always good to see some football and will be nice to catch up with my mate Martin over a couple of pints. Optimistic that we'll pick up a point at least.

M

Aug 10, 2006
it's all out there at your fingertips, how did we manage year's ago turn up in a town/city look for the floodlights go in the first pub you see those were the day's.

May 3, 2016
Neil, your like a walking sat nav anyway, you would never get lost - UK / Europe or Bury. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

The Mrs' family are from the Bury area. Apparently, The Swan & Cemetery is a pretty rough pub any day of the week except match days which I find very odd. For you fact lovers out there, rumour has it there used to be a brothel upstairs.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
NorthWestPilgrim":3s4iofz0 said:
The Mrs' family are from the Bury area. Apparently, The Swan & Cemetery is a pretty rough pub any day of the week except match days which I find very odd. For you fact lovers out there, rumour has it there used to be a brothel upstairs.

"For you fact lovers ... rumour has it"

Could we make that pasoti's strapline?? :lol:

Nam tu quidem amantes ...... rumor habet autem, :lol:

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Pogleswoody":2lrbsrvx said:
NorthWestPilgrim":2lrbsrvx said:

"For you fact lovers ... rumour has it"

Could we make that pasoti's strapline?? :lol:

Nam tu quidem amantes ...... rumor habet autem, :lol:

Add to that for pasoti's strapline ...

"For you fact lovers ... rumour has it, there's a brothel upstairs (Asset of Community Value as supplied by the AFT)" :greensmile:

Add that to the Granstand application ...