AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept* | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept*

""Q7.
Would the chairman reconsider his plans for Higher Home Park and allow the club to buy this land back. I believe that any development on this site should be for the sole benefit of the club, as well as allowing us the space to eventually develop a modern 21st century Grandstand. I believe that PAFC owning HHP would be hugely beneficial for the long term prospects of the club and eventually provide a generous source of non match day income.
A. Part of the HHP land has always been committed to the delivery of a new ice arena for the people of Plymouth. This commitment remains. The Chairman would be willing to sell the residual land back to the Club at fair value but it is unlikely that the Board would wish to proceed with the acquisition given the other opportunities to invest in the Club.""

I think that tells me enough to know this is not in the interest of PAFC. I would imagine "fair value" will be substantially more than the £400k paid for it and of course Mr Brent controls the board.

Sorry not in the trust anymore but here is some info regarding the delay. You can ignore my bit at the end
though if you want.
There was an article in the herald yesterday by beren cross on this 6 month delay.
Quoted in it is marc nash the planning applications agent.
"We do not anticipate the application will be held up this length of time. The transport engineers
need to carry out some traffic counting assessments this month. This work could not be carried out
until the schools returned from their summer break, but will be completed by the end of september,
at which time we will be in a position to negotiate the level of mitigation that will be required
to respond to highway englands concerns.
Their concerns relate to the a38 junct at manadon and other factors that are not within our control
to significantly affect or resolve".
Levels of mitigation? Fewer or no offices perhaps?
Whatever, i am in favour of the city benefitting from this rink development. Its only half a car park.
We have everything we need built into the refurb.
Also happy to be proved wrong but wouldnt there be enough room to build a new stand in situ if the
opportunity ever arose? I mean the refurb is widening the existing stand and there is the terracing
in front. Surely there is enough room there. There is always the demport end to expand as well.

Feb 12, 2017
Pasoti mods....I posted the update as a new topic..is there a reason it's been moved part way down an old thread? People may miss it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No agenda here then? Care to tell people your relationship with the AFT Chairman?

Green Dogg":isx8nrsz said:
Yes.

The reason is that you dared to question "Sir Brent".

That is frowned upon here.
Ah the evil sir brent. Orrible little man. How dare he invest in the city of plymouth.
The blaggard. How dare he steal a car park from us. Tis the jewel in central park indeed.
Off to prison and sid james and 90 minutes of excruciating excretia for him. :whistle:

Aug 5, 2005
SteelCannon":1qy7mboq said:

Hi Tony,

100% of fans are not in agreement with what you are doing. I would be interested in the number of fans have told you that they want the development stopped. And what percentage that would be of the fanbase as a whole?

Could you give us the figures, and if any of them were signatories to the Never Again letter.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Wouldn't it have been more beneficial if the AFT had spoken to JB or the football club first before issuing the latest statement and already stating its position. ..

However, ALL messages we have received will go towards the AFT’s challenge to the latest plans, most notably that of the ACV status awarded to Home Park in February 2016

So we know the AFT will now challenge the latest plans and as owners of the ACV they could be burdened by administrative and financial strains if the legal route is taken to stop the developments at HHP.