Goals pay the rent | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Goals pay the rent

Sep 6, 2006
Some interesting stats for the new signings.

Ness 3 goals in 91 games (League1)
Grant 32 in 155 (L.2) 9 in 85 (L1)
Blissett 30 in 137 (National League)
Lameiras 3 in 61 (L1)

There are NO goals in this team apart from Carey. Adams talks about the goals being shared around (with WHO?)

Mar 21, 2008
Interesting post considering you were going around posting abuse in preseason at posters that dared to accurately suggest that our squad may not be playoff chasing/mid-table

Sep 6, 2006
Rob_GT4":1z3pd7x4 said:
Interesting post considering you were going around posting abuse in preseason at posters that dared to accurately suggest that our squad may not be playoff chasing/mid-table

Evidence.....?

Mar 21, 2008
Balham_Green":2rmq6tzs said:
Rob_GT4":2rmq6tzs said:

Evidence.....?

Do you really need it? You know exactly what I'm talking about.

Sep 6, 2006
Rob_GT4":1zy7azwx said:
Balham_Green":1zy7azwx said:
Rob_GT4":1zy7azwx said:

Evidence.....?

Do you really need it? You know exactly what I'm talking about.

er no i don't actually. If you make accusations back it up with evidence. Or shut up! I certainly thought we would be doing better than we are as I had confidence in Adams(which I am starting to lose). Don't remember 'abusing' anybody who disagreed but kindly prove me wrong.....
I came on here to make a valid point and you came on to argue about something completely different. Get a life.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
NO goals? Looks like 68 to me.

May 26, 2015
Balham_Green":2raupdmg said:
Some interesting stats for the new signings.

Ness 3 goals in 91 games (League1)
Grant 32 in 155 (L.2) 9 in 85 (L1)
Blissett 30 in 137 (National League)
Lameiras 3 in 61 (L1)

There are NO goals in this team apart from Carey. Adams talks about the goals being shared around (with WHO?)

I agree with you Balham. Adams wouldn't know a striker if one came up to him, slapped him in the face, and said "My name is Tommy Tynan. I'm a goal hanging striker whose only interest is scoring". Adams would probably direct him to that lot up the road.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
We definitely need to start getting points and especially at home, look how the attendances have dropped in the first four games.

Charlton 11178
Scunthorpe 9605
MK Dons 8566
Blackpool 7411

I know there are different reasons but it well soon be just the season ticket holders. Don't know what the break even figure is this season but DA might not get the financial support he wants in January if this trend continues.

Mar 21, 2008
Wow backtracking already are we? I'll tell you what, to save your blushes I'll just literally pick one thread from just over a month ago, because otherwise this could get embarrassing and I know you've got a reputation and previous on here haven't you.

The thread was called 'the competitiveness of league one' here:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=100288&start=13

Replying to a thread about the quality of our signings not being that great so far I wrote

Rob_GT4":1w9xulb7 said:
I've been surprised by the quality some of the 'lesser' teams have got let alone the teams towards the top end (Blackburn have some ridiculous players for this level). I would go so far as to say that actually our squads is one of the weakest I've seen so far and is pretty much still just a good league 2 squad, but luckily we've got Derek Adams who will no doubt get the most out of them.

to which you replied

Balham_Green":1w9xulb7 said:
So you have assessed all the squads have you? You have an in depth knowledge of all lower league players? I dont think you know what you are talking about.

Going round on this forum telling informed people that they don't know what they're talking about, and ending up being wrong is embarrassing and abusive. Still I bit my tongue and replied:

Rob_GT4":1w9xulb7 said:
Excuse me?

I may not be an expert but I'd say I have a pretty good grasp yes, it's you that doesn't know what you're talking about.

Anybody reasonably savvy that also goes on general league 1 forums with numerous fans from all clubs commenting would know and have a much better idea of the bigger picture than the insular view you get from a forum focussed on one club like this.

None of us know for sure how we well we'll make the step up, but I stand by everything that I've said and I absolutely believe Derek Adams will need to overachieve with this squad.

And everything I've said is spot on. But still:

So you get you 'facts' from other fans forums? :facepalm: Who's signed Messi then?

I can't be bothered to transcribe entire conversations, but I will post a few more of your gems, purely just from this thread too mind

Load of nonsense on here about avoiding relegation, finishing 18th etc. We are Argyle not Wimbledon.

Fourthly Adams has been successful wherever he has been. He is a shrewd operator in the transfer market, plans meticulously and knows how to win games

There is very little of a step up between L. 2 and 1. Sawyer, McCormick, Fox, Jervis, Carey, Threkeld, Ainsworth have all played at a good level.

and it wasn't just me either, other people commented on your demeanour on the thread:

Adam_R":1w9xulb7 said:
No place for reasoning here now Xy, BG has joined the party, shot everyone down and made his view known!!

So in future before you go around slagging people off with uneducated ill-informed opinions and drivel, think about when you do a complete u-turn how it'll come back to bite you on the ass.

That's me done.

Sep 6, 2006
Rob_GT4":2hictrcy said:
Wow backtracking already are we? I'll tell you what, to save your blushes I'll just literally pick one thread from just over a month ago, because otherwise this could get embarrassing and I know you've got a reputation and previous on here haven't you.

Replying to a thread about the quality of our signings not being that great so far I wrote

I've been surprised by the quality some of the 'lesser' teams have got let alone the teams towards the top end (Blackburn have some ridiculous players for this level). I would go so far as to say that actually our squads is one of the weakest I've seen so far and is pretty much still just a good league 2 squad, but luckily we've got Derek Adams who will no doubt get the most out of them.

to which you replied

Balham_Green":2hictrcy said:
So you have assessed all the squads have you? You have an in depth knowledge of all lower league players? I dont think you know what you are talking about.

Going round on this forum telling informed people that they don't know what they're talking about, and ending up being wrong is embarrassing and abusive. Still I bit my tongue and replied:

Excuse me?

I may not be an expert but I'd say I have a pretty good grasp yes, it's you that doesn't know what you're talking about.

Anybody reasonably savvy that also goes on general league 1 forums with numerous fans from all clubs commenting would know and have a much better idea of the bigger picture than the insular view you get from a forum focussed on one club like this.

None of us know for sure how we well we'll make the step up, but I stand by everything that I've said and I absolutely believe Derek Adams will need to overachieve with this squad.

So you get you 'facts' from other fans forums? :facepalm: Who's signed Messi then?

I can't be bothered to transcribe entire conversations, but I will post a few more of your gems, purely just from this thread too mind

Load of nonsense on here about avoiding relegation, finishing 18th etc. We are Argyle not Wimbledon.

Fourthly Adams has been successful wherever he has been. He is a shrewd operator in the transfer market, plans meticulously and knows how to win games

There is very little of a step up between L. 2 and 1. Sawyer, McCormick, Fox, Jervis, Carey, Threkeld, Ainsworth have all played at a good level.

and it wasn't just me either, other people commented on your demeanour on the thread:

Adam_R":2hictrcy said:
No place for reasoning here now Xy, BG has joined the party, shot everyone down and made his view known!!

So in future before you go around slagging people off with uneducated ill-informed opinions and drivel, think about when you do a complete u-turn how it'll come back to bite you on the ass.

That's me done.

Such a sensitive soul aren't you?! I said I dont think you know what you are talking about. (And quite a few agreed!) Is that abuse? It was my OPINION. I have already said I am surprised by our start. Doesn't mean we are going to be down there all season. Does it? My post is my concern re the a lack of goals in the team. I STILL think we will be alright however and not involved in relegation. So where is the U-turn? But congratulations on getting the first 7 games right. You must be so happy. Now go and put your slippers on and calm down.
ps. You get your views from other fans websites and then say I am giving 'ill informed drivel'! :funny:

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":1mo5gy13 said:
Rob_GT4":1mo5gy13 said:

to which you replied

Excuse me?

Adam_R":1mo5gy13 said:

That's me done.

Such a sensitive soul aren't you?! I said I dont think you know what you are talking about. (And quite a few agreed!) Is that abuse? It was my OPINION. I have already said I am surprised by our start. Doesn't mean we are going to be down there all season. Does it? My post is my concern re the a lack of goals in the team. I STILL think we will be alright however and not involved in relegation. So where is the U-turn? But congratulations on getting the first 7 games right. You must be so happy. Now go and put your slippers on and calm down.
ps. You get your views from other fans websites and then say I am giving 'ill informed drivel'! :funny:

Travelodge.

Jul 12, 2016
The most worrying thing is that most fans could see we were desperate for a goal poacher but DA chose to ignore the evidence.How he constantly says we have goals in the team is beyond me. As soon as we get near the opposition goal we are like rabbits in headlights.If we keep clean sheets but also fail to score we will be relegated,simples.