Derek's delighted | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Derek's delighted

Jul 12, 2016
How can a manager be delighted with his players when they cannot defend or score goals. The sending offs also show a lack of discipline which is ironic given DA's reputation for controlling his players.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't think what he's saying is unreasonable. We have had injury problems, and the sending offs, it could be argued, were the result of some questionable and inconsistent refereeing. The players are working very hard on the pitch from what I have seen at home games, and we have had some spells where we've done everything but score. That said, yes there are problems but I don't think they stem from the players necessarily. Some of it is to do with tactics and some with our unwillingness to shoot when a sideways pass is available. Our strikers could certainly spend time honing their shooting skills so when they do get an opportunity they don't hit the ball over the crossbar. Saturday's game is huge in terms of regaining confidence and starting to build momentum. I have everything crossed.

Mar 21, 2008
I'm not disagreeing with your post but to be fair to DA he really has to try to keep some confidence in the players, especially the ones that actually are playing well/ok, because if the confidence/morale goes then we really are stuffed

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
How can you be delighted when you are second from bottom heaven knows.Home gates are falling like a stone Derek,don't reckon the board are too happy with that. As for Fortress Home Park...don't make me laugh.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
oddball":3indnsa9 said:
How can you be delighted when you are second from bottom heaven knows.Home gates are falling like a stone Derek,don't reckon the board are too happy with that. As for Fortress Home Park...don't make me laugh.
the season is a marathon not a sprint.have patience i suggest.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Mr. Evans...and I suggest you mind your own business and attack the ball not the man.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
oldage":2qmaivjc said:
How can a manager be delighted with his players when they cannot defend or score goals. The sending offs also show a lack of discipline which is ironic given DA's reputation for controlling his players.

Any link to the story to put it into context?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Mr Evans....this is one of the problems with this site,you are getting personal and telling me what to do rather than discuss the subject matter which is "Derek's Delighted".

Mar 21, 2008
I know this is slightly controversial, but to be honest if you think individually about the team I don't actually think many of the players are playing badly relative to the standard we expect of them, it's more that they're playing at a level that is above them in a lot of cases, that's a very different thing and it's down to budget and quality, not how hard the players are trying.