A Bury View point | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A Bury View point

Feb 17, 2017
Probably one of the worst games of football to sit through this season but atleast we got a point, always interesting to see other fans views of us;

"Plymouth are probably the worst team in the league so we should have comfortably beat them."

"2 awful teams rightly in the bottom 4 "

"Plymouth were absolutely dire, honestly one of the poorest teams I can ever remember seeing - and for 75 minutes we weren't much better."

"Bury didn't need to bust a gut to keep out Plymouth. Yet, we couldn't score. The Shakers were the better team, but not by a country mile."

Can't say I disagree with much of that, atleast we are consistent

Apr 15, 2016
Funny old game. On our day we beat one of the best sides in the league 2-0 and today we are atrocious. Though we did have possibly 4 or 5 of our starting 11 unavailable today.

Good point and onto the next one. Bury's hardly destined to live long in the memory.

Oct 31, 2015
Neilz5419":1x60ouem said:
Probably one of the worst games of football to sit through this season but atleast we got a point, always interesting to see other fans views of us;

"Plymouth are probably the worst team in the league so we should have comfortably beat them."

"2 awful teams rightly in the bottom 4 "

"Plymouth were absolutely dire, honestly one of the poorest teams I can ever remember seeing - and for 75 minutes we weren't much better."

"Bury didn't need to bust a gut to keep out Plymouth. Yet, we couldn't score. The Shakers were the better team, but not by a country mile."

Can't say I disagree with much of that, atleast we are consistent

Wow truth always hurt but I suggest is factual. A lot of work to do

Jul 3, 2013
A clean sheet and back to Basics is what we needed. Couldn't give a monkeys what they think.

Sep 13, 2003
I'm hardly as brimming with confidence as some people are on the 'Brief Synopsis' thread about scraping a point at Bury. They have started the season as poor as Argyle....they should have been there for the taking !

Feb 17, 2017
We have got a lot of work to do, Carey would have obviously made a difference and we seemed to have lost our creative edge without him, instead other players stepping up they seem to have gone backwards and lost confidence. First game today we didn't actually look like scoring, sarcevic and ciftci look comfortable on the ball and were are most creative players. Grant and ainsworth offered nothing very poor, lamerias and fletcher equally as bad

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
My list of positives:

- an away point
- a clean sheet
- eleven men at the end

There were glimpses of more but we lack confidence and a cutting edge - even when we were on top at the end of the first half, I felt Bury were more likely to actually score!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Someone took the words right out of my mouth. we were 8l00dy awful again and look like relegation fodder at the moment.
No consolation in that we can only draw with a really poor Bury team who could join us going down

Feb 17, 2017
Bury are as poor a team as we're likely to see this season, and we were actually worse than them. They were so poor the first ten minutes, then they realised we was actually even worse and had nothing going forward and actually gave them belief they might get 3 points. By the end we were hanging on and they should have finished us off with some great chances. The post and luke stopped us having our 5th defeat in a row. For the first time it's clear we are relegation material if something doesn't change. I think we'd even be struggling in league 2 playing the way we are.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Clarke_B":3qcmcakv said:
I'm hardly as brimming with confidence as some people are on the 'Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors)' thread about scraping a point at Bury. They have started the season as poor as Argyle....they should have been there for the taking !
By your own logic though how can any opponent of Argyle's be there for the taking? It must have been awful to watch but we should probably be grateful for a point.

Mar 8, 2016
samjones":3gihpvpr said:
Someone took the words right out of my mouth. we were 8l00dy awful again and look like relegation fodder at the moment.
No consolation in that we can only draw with a really poor Bury team who could join us going down

We look like relegation fodder because that's exactly what we are, it's going to be a long battle to stay out of the relegation places come may. I think we will just, and only just, have enough to stay up.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Green_Matt":oun9gl37 said:
Clarke_B":oun9gl37 said:
I'm hardly as brimming with confidence as some people are on the 'Brief Synopsis (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors) (sponsored by Goldbergs Solicitors)' thread about scraping a point at Bury. They have started the season as poor as Argyle....they should have been there for the taking !
By your own logic though how can any opponent of Argyle's be there for the taking? It must have been awful to watch but we should probably be grateful for a point.

Nil. nil, draws are always boring to watch irrespective of what/how teams are playing. Argyle should thank their luck today, and take heart for the next home game against Doncaster, from getting a point away. Move on.