will it cost us | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

will it cost us

Shm

Jan 4, 2017
Playing one up front with players who cant obviously play that way and Adams reluctance to change to a well proven 442 may cost us with an immediate return to league two? Poor discipline on the field, body language on the pitch a lack of confidence poor recruitment a lack of much communication from Brent other than about the development which is pointless if no one turns up on match day because we are carp and decide to spend their hard earned on something they get something from other than disappointment week in week out signals there is problems at the club. Where we lucky getting promotion? was the writing on the wall at the end of last season with the dip in form? For me something needs to change and quick, it will soon be Christmas and I think if this continues with the same tactics we will also be manager-less. I wasn't there yesterday at Bury, by all accounts we where carp against a team on the way down and lucky to get a point when we should be beating teams like this easily I don't see how that's a positive scrapping a point there!. I know we are without Carey but one man don't make a team and we should be able to compete without him anyway. Carey is clearly not himself [removed by Site Admin]so maybe he should not be playing even if physically fit?? Changes are needed, but what??? :coat:

Nov 4, 2012
How is 442 well proven? The key man for me is Threlkeld. With him and of course Carey we are a different team. This season was always likely to be a scrap but I'm still confident we'll be just fine. Yesterday could turn out to be a very valuable point come May.

Feb 17, 2017
I think l we managed the game much better yesterday from a dark arts point of view. Didn't rise to potential red card situations and seemed to have the ref on side and the fans booing us, similar to how teams frustrate us at home. I would say they are the good points, remember we are learning as we play in this league. I do think we will stay up but it won't be pretty at times. Does anyone know what's wrong with Carey, a lot of talk on here how he has issues off the pitch? Edwards back from suspension Saturday and threlkeld back in training could be a big 3 points on Saturday if we get behind the team.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
I think we all realise we do not carry much goal threat so I reckon the key way we need to play until we can get Taylor back and sign a new frontman is:

1) Scrap - Play on the counter, defends for our lives and try and keep clean sheets (even at home).
2) Set pieces - Practice, practice and make ourselves dangerous from set pieces, get the big boys in the box (including blissett) and see if we can bang one in on the knock down. Lets think Wimbeldon of the late 1980s
3) Dark Arts - Like the above poster said - lets be that defensive , shut up shop, slow it down if we are on top.
4) Siege Mentality - One positive thing with being at the bottom of the league early in the campaign means expectations are lowered, it focuses the mind on winning points, and it gets us into that competitive mindset. We will at one point get a win and maybe even an unbeaten run together. And it will all be about climbing back up that table and I reckon that will focus all the players and fans a like. I look forward to celebrating a 1-0 win with 22% possession and one goal scored of Nadir's arse!

It might be pretty awful to watch but I would make do with points in the bag until we can have a chance to get 2-4 L1/ex championship or young prem loans players to make our squad stronger in the winter transfer window. Plus we have Taylor, Oscar and Carey to come back. Sarcevic made a difference Saturday so hopefully these will all have a point to prove...and surely Ciftci can bang one in soon!

Apr 30, 2017
I don't read anything into this we have to play 442 if we are going stay up. We will play 4231, or a variation of it, throughout DA's tenure. He likes to have an extra man in midfield which means he will often have a 3 on 2 in midfield. We have really 5 players pushing for 3 places, 3 more attack minded (GC, RL & AS) and 2 more denfensive minded players (DF & JN).

I currently am not worried. Carey, Threlkeld back soon and Ryan Taylor to follow in a few weeks time. Its no coincidence that our downturn in form has conincided with injuries and suspensions to key players. It is not the time for knee-jerk reactions just yet.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I just hope we are not expecting scoring miracles out of Taylor when he gets fit again. Please remember that Oxford were quite happy to lose him and Argyle are in the same League as them. Striker is a position that will need a huge focus come the January window, and Argyle will not be the only team seeking successful striking bargain, being him a loanee or a full inward transfer. It will critical window.

Sep 6, 2006
PAFC94":20ymikmd said:
How is 442 well proven? The key man for me is Threlkeld. With him and of course Carey we are a different team. This season was always likely to be a scrap but I'm still confident we'll be just fine. Yesterday could turn out to be a very valuable point come May.

Don't see how the right back is the key man. Taylor is the key man.

Nov 4, 2012
Balham_Green":2q12kto7 said:
PAFC94":2q12kto7 said:

He's the key man because Miller is the weak link in our side. Miller isn't comfortable on the ball and having that one player who isn't good enough on the ball makes a huge difference to how the whole team play. I can see the players are reluctant to give the ball to Miller even when He's in a good position because they know Miller doesn't have the ability to do anything with it.

Sep 6, 2006
PAFC94":2b3d3lgo said:
Balham_Green":2b3d3lgo said:
PAFC94":2b3d3lgo said:

He's the key man because Miller is the weak link in our side. Miller isn't comfortable on the ball and having that one player who isn't good enough on the ball makes a huge difference to how the whole team play. I can see the players are reluctant to give the ball to Miller even when He's in a good position because they know Miller doesn't have the ability to do anything with it.

Ah so its all one player (the right back's) fault! I see now. Nonsense!

Nov 4, 2012
I'm not sure what you've been watching because he clearly isn't up to scratch. I admire the guy's effort but He's out of his depth I'm afraid and at this level we can't afford to carry anyone.

Nov 4, 2012
Balham_Green":27hzj6w4 said:
PAFC94":27hzj6w4 said:
Balham_Green":27hzj6w4 said:
PAFC94":27hzj6w4 said:

Ah so its all one player (the right back's) fault! I see now. Nonsense!

Not all his fault but it doesn't help the cause to have someone who is at best an average league 2 player in your starting XI.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
all Miller's fault then like it was all Mellors fault ...ok he's not the best but he's been no worse then Sawyer or Bradley this season ....always the scapegoat

Mar 23, 2008
Steve Evans":ojodt3j7 said:
i think gary miller has played well this season.
He has, very steady this year its just a shame he can be ponderous in possession but him and Sawyer have both stepped up this year thus far.

Nov 4, 2012
I'm not sure what some people have been watching. Miller has been poor in every game I've seen.

Sawyer is no world beater but at least he can do the simple things right.