Argyle training regime | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle training regime

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
This has been debated before, but Adams has confirmed the double training sessions continue unless we play midweek.

Personally not convinced how beneficial this might be in a long season as pitches get heavier. We also do so much more travelling.

I know some will say players are pampered but does the physical effort takes it toll?

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... ers-510945

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
cheshiregreen":g2h1pqpk said:
This has been debated before, but Adams has confirmed the double training sessions continue unless we play midweek.

Personally not convinced how beneficial this might be in a long season as pitches get heavier. We also do so much more travelling.

I know some will say players are pampered but does the physical effort takes it toll?

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... ers-510945

I suspect much of it will be skills and set piece training so not necessarily that physically demanding.

May 8, 2011
Well it worked for the last two years so there isn't a problem.

He was asked the question about training at the Fans Forum on Tuesday and said yes they did double sessions on Mondays and Tuesdays but that the afternoons aren't as strenuous as the mornings.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Sheridan got criticised on here that they didn't do enough training because he was too often up north.

Adams is criticised that they do too much training.

Both produced some decent results, but Adams got us promotion. I'll accept that he's got more understanding about the workout routines and trust that he'll get the most from our players.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Maybe not demanding physically but mentally?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's advantages and disadvantages.

I think we have looked physically tired during the late stages of games and not mentally switched on early in games this season and have conceded early goals.
In three of the eight league games we've played with 10 men which puts an added strain on players like Fox.
Also, does the extra training put more pressure on the bodies of the players and cause more injuries?

I think at the moment opposition teams look fitter than us but on the plus side we'll be a fitter and stronger team later in the season.

Mar 23, 2008
I would disagree, especially in the games where we've been down to 10 me I've thought how much fitter we have looked than the other team team.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Maybe they should consider triple sessions and include scoring goals ? Just a thought, bit radical and controversial but might help us avoid relegation

Aug 2, 2011
What is the problem. Most atheletes train morning and afternoons. So are you suggesting the poor little lads should be cosily tucked up in the betting shop all afternoon? If I recall correctly we had a keeper - Noel Dwyer who was a regular habitutee of the Fortescue in the afternoons ( alledgely).

Common on these are supposed to be finely honed ( ho ho ) atheletes what is the problem with a bit of excercise in the afternoon.

Aug 2, 2011
Mentally draining - give me a break. Kicking a ball is hardly brain surgery. These guys are picking up 70 plus k for kicking a ball around. They are pampered and cossetted, cannot park a car and know more about diving than Tom Daley. Working them in the pm is merely saving them from there own weaknesses.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i am totally in favour of morning and afternoon training for our players.we got promoted last season because of our high fitness levels.