Your Memories, Archives & Photos of Plymouth Argyle FC. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Your Memories, Archives & Photos of Plymouth Argyle FC.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
xyf2dJH.png

Ladies and Gents, a chap called Nigel Bodnar has quite recently started a FB page which is rather lovely. It's a non political page and simply wants to revel in 'All our Yesterdays' and is unashamedly as green as green can be.

It's certainly not a Greens on Screen nor does it step on Argyle Legends toes, it's a mish mash of everything that has occurred in our long and proud past.

Nigel can be up and down, he suffers from depression and uses this page as a way of pushing the Black Dog to the back of the room. He's a truly lovely fellah and he needs a) More members and b) A link to ex players and managers who he would like to take part in this roller coaster of a FB page.

Give it a go, it's great fun, there are no arguments and all Argyle fans will love the way he comes at things. Some of his photo shopped stuff shows what a great mind he has, although he does see some things from another spectrum.

It's sometimes a relief to go on there and wallow in unashamed nostalgia of all sorts.

Please have a look and if YOU some players/managers that are FB active, Nigel would love them to join in with his project.

May 3, 2016
Depression is not a stigma, I see no problem mentioning it.

If you ever had it you would understand, but then again!

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
I don't think its a problem Frank so long as the guy is OK with it,

I've suffered for years with anxiety, it's taken me this long to get used to the 'stigma' and if i'm honest i'm not sure i have yet.

People deal with it in different ways, if this works for him then lets support it

Aug 2, 2011
The only issue is whether the health sufferer is happy for their health matters to be reffered to in public - if so it is fine. If not then it is clearly not appropriate.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Nigel is completely happy with me mentioning it. The reason why I mentioned it is a) To highlight a lot of people suffer and it should not be stigmatised and b) Nigel will be lifted if a few more people join his page.

Hope that explains a bit better.

Plus we have had many people on here that mention their illnesses and as this site is a community as well a Forum, so again no problem with sharing if they feel that way.

B

Baby Face Johnson

IJN":2a5ad0k4 said:
Nigel is completely happy with me mentioning it. The reason why I mentioned it is a) To highlight a lot of people suffer and it should not be stigmatised and b) Nigel will be lifted if a few more people join his page.

Hope that explains a bit better.

Plus we have had many people on here that mention their illnesses and as this site is a community as well a Forum, so again no problem with sharing if they feel that way.

Joined. Would a link be useful? I'll revisit and copy.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Good idea mate, for some reason, I always have trouble linking with any FB page.

Aug 2, 2011
Would do so but unless you have or are willing to have a facebook account it is not accessible. I do not have and never will have a facebook account - for many reasons that I will not bore people with on here.

B

Baby Face Johnson

Presto":2uptdhgf said:
Would do so but unless you have or are willing to have a facebook account it is not accessible. I do not have and never will have a facebook account - for many reasons that I will not bore people with on here.

Just set up any old account and never accept any friends. Just use a random name.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I know what you mean about FB but it really is ideal when travelling to keep in touch with your nearest and dearest.

The good thing about both FB and Twitter is that the block system works so wonderfully well. I lose all freaks with a click of button. :greensmile:

Aug 2, 2011
Yeah, accept the bit about keeping in touch with family etc. But still haave to use a valid email address to set up a random account. To set up a real account and just block everything means giving date of birth info to one of the worlds largest data bases which is not certain to be secure and all the info is passable around without reference to the owner. Sorry not for me.