Our responsibility | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Our responsibility

Oct 24, 2013
Before I start this, let me say that I do not think we have had a good start to the season. I am grateful to be able to watch professional football in my city, but I don’t use that as an excuse as to why the performances this season should be viewed as fine. I don’t want DA sacked, but neither do I think that we don’t need to improve. I am just an Argyle supporter with no agenda, no hidden messages.

Tomorrow, we need to step up. Not expecting the worst and then grumbling in the stands and on here should it come to pass. Not giving the players stick when a pass goes astray or a shot goes over the bar. We should go to HP to support DA and the team for 90 minutes plus injury time.

Don’t tell me you go there to be entertained and that isn’t happening; this is football, not WWE. Don’t tell me you pay the player’s wages, you can do what you like; a season ticket is what £450? So on fag packet maths you pay for one player’s wage, averaged out, for 5/6 days. Don’t tell me you don’t trust DA anymore; he has worked hard enough to earn more respect than that and has brought us back to the level our club should be. Don’t tell me the recruitment hasn’t been good enough; the club has a budget, DA has cut his cloth accordingly and it is too early in the season to generalise and write off half the squad.

For two hours, let’s stop the negativity, the bickering, the infighting and support the team, which is why I perhaps naively thought people went in the first place. If you can’t do that, don’t go.

COYG.

B

batesy65

lyndhurst green":2i2c7on9 said:
Before I start this, let me say that I do not think we have had a good start to the season. I am grateful to be able to watch professional football in my city, but I don’t use that as an excuse as to why the performances this season should be viewed as fine. I don’t want DA sacked, but neither do I think that we don’t need to improve. I am just an Argyle supporter with no agenda, no hidden messages.

Tomorrow, we need to step up. Not expecting the worst and then grumbling in the stands and on here should it come to pass. Not giving the players stick when a pass goes astray or a shot goes over the bar. We should go to HP to support DA and the team for 90 minutes plus injury time.

Don’t tell me you go there to be entertained and that isn’t happening; this is football, not WWE. Don’t tell me you pay the player’s wages, you can do what you like; a season ticket is what £450? So on fag packet maths you pay for one player’s wage, averaged out, for 5/6 days. Don’t tell me you don’t trust DA anymore; he has worked hard enough to earn more respect than that and has brought us back to the level our club should me. Don’t tell me the recruitment hasn’t been good enough; the club has a budget, DA has cut his cloth accordingly and it is too early in the season to generalise and write off half the squad.

I agree,but the lads need to get us excited with the way the game is going.It is always gets loud when we play well.I go to all home games except for maybe 2.and as an Argyle fan will continue win or lose.The place rocks when we are wining.COYG

For two hours, let’s stop the negativity, the bickering, the infighting and support the team, which is why I perhaps naively thought people went in the first place. If you can’t do that, don’t go.

COYG.

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
lyndhurst green":1ochfv7v said:

Don’t tell me you go there to be entertained and that isn’t happening; this is football, not WWE. Don’t tell me you pay the player’s wages, you can do what you like; a season ticket is what £450? So on fag packet maths you pay for one player’s wage, averaged out, for 5/6 days. Don’t tell me you don’t trust DA anymore; he has worked hard enough to earn more respect than that and has brought us back to the level our club should me. Don’t tell me the recruitment hasn’t been good enough; the club has a budget, DA has cut his cloth accordingly and it is too early in the season to generalise and write off half the squad.

COYG.

Good post

COYG

Jul 30, 2015
Plymouth
lyndhurst green":2639zl82 said:

Don’t tell me you go there to be entertained and that isn’t happening; this is football, not WWE. Don’t tell me you pay the player’s wages, you can do what you like; a season ticket is what £450? So on fag packet maths you pay for one player’s wage, averaged out, for 5/6 days. Don’t tell me you don’t trust DA anymore; he has worked hard enough to earn more respect than that and has brought us back to the level our club should be. Don’t tell me the recruitment hasn’t been good enough; the club has a budget, DA has cut his cloth accordingly and it is too early in the season to generalise and write off half the squad.

COYG.

Great post. COYG.

Aug 2, 2011
Supporters do just that support. Thick and thin good and bad. Of course when we lose we leave feeling p....d off and and are fed up. And yes we have every right to express opinion of player performance and management tactics but we still turn up even when we are sitting at the bottom of the league. If not just go buy a MU or TH or RM shirt and wander around Royal Parade on a Sat afternoon but do not claim to be a supporter only when everything is go well.

Mar 8, 2016
lyndhurst green":3f9t8v85 said:

COYG.

Good stuff Lyndhurst.

Sep 6, 2006
Thing is not everybody is fanatical. They DO expect value for money. Its not like the 1950's when there was nothing else to do.
'The level our club should be' - really? And all this stuff re the budget. Have you actually seen it? Sounds like you have been sold well and truly by DA's spin.

Oct 24, 2013
Balham_Green said:
Thing is not everybody is fanatical. They DO expect value for money. Its not like the 1950's when there was nothing else to do.
'The level our club should be' - really? And all this stuff re the budget. Have you actually seen it? Sounds like you have been sold well and truly by DA's spin.

A)You don’t have to be fanatical to think that you should get behind the time fully for the whole game.
B) You really think anyone considers value for money important when buying a season ticket? Yet, it is magically of prime importance on match days. And this value for money thing doesn’t apply everywhere I notice; do people boo bad movies and demand refunds because the film didn’t provide suitable value?
C)We are naturally a League One club, pushing for the Championship, in time. Didn’t think that was controversial or contested.
D)No I haven’t seen the budget; have you?! You know who has though? Our manager. So yes, I believe him when he talks about it, as he has the information that neither you or I have. No need to suggest that I have fallen for a massive conspiracy theory for doing so.
E) You forgot COYG.

Jun 27, 2017
Couldn't agree more. Well said.

Yes I get frustrated when it doesn't go well but I still come back for more! We all turn up in the hope of another great victory such as Charlton this season and Doncaster last.

Now who are we playing tomorrow??

COYG

Sep 6, 2006
lyndhurst green":42i2f0aj said:
Balham_Green":42i2f0aj said:

A)You don’t have to be fanatical to think that you should get behind the time fully for the whole game.
B) You really think anyone considers value for money important when buying a season ticket? Yet, it is magically of prime importance on match days. And this value for money thing doesn’t apply everywhere I notice; do people boo bad movies and demand refunds because the film didn’t provide suitable value?
C)We are naturally a League One club, pushing for the Championship, in time. Didn’t think that was controversial or contested.
D)No I haven’t seen the budget; have you?! You know who has though? Our manager. So yes, I believe him when he talks about it, as he has the information that neither you or I have. No need to suggest that I have fallen for a massive conspiracy theory for doing so.
E) You forgot COYG.

A) Yes you do. The passers by etc need something to get them going. It comes from the team FIRST. I think Argyle fans are quite patient for the record - Applauded the team off the pitch after losing 4.0 to Scunny! Opposing managers have mentioned the intimidating atmosphere.
B) I'm not talking about season ticket holders.
C) So why did you say we are at the level we should be (2nd bottom League 1)? We are DEFINITELY not pushing for Championship!
D) I am not the one going on about the size of his budget as an excuse. Have you ever heard a manager say my budget is too big/I can buy all the players I want? Naïve if you believe everything he says!

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Balham_Green":ou21vkqh said:
lyndhurst green":ou21vkqh said:
Balham_Green":ou21vkqh said:

E) You forgot COYG.

A) Yes you do. The passers by etc need something to get them going. It comes from the team FIRST. I think Argyle fans are quite patient for the record - Applauded the team off the pitch after losing 4.0 to Scunny! Opposing managers have mentioned the intimidating atmosphere.
B) I'm not talking about season ticket holders.
C) So why did you say we are at the level we should be (2nd bottom League 1)? We are DEFINITELY not pushing for Championship!
D) I am not the one going on about the size of his budget as an excuse. Have you ever heard a manager say my budget is too big/I can buy all the players I want? Naïve if you believe everything he says!

I think this is one occasion when BG is nearer the truth than those who advocate blindly supporting Mr Adams regardless. Behind the negativity and volatile posts is a passionate Argyle supporter. :twisted:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
lyndhurst green":11le7br9 said:

COYG.

Thanks for the advice
Already decided not to bother. And before you crack on about what a sh1tty fan I must be this is the first ever game where I've been in Plymouth and decided it's just not something I want to do for 2 hours.. Even the wins in DA style kind of put a downer on my weekend. Never ever missed an opportunity to go to home park through any era, Shilton, Hodges, Mick Jones, Fletcher, Sheridan. Worse teams in some cases, but never as depressingly negative and frightened as a DA team. The bite back will probably be 'good riddance'... Fair enough, but maybe stop and ask yourself why it is that after 20 odd years, with worse periods based on league position alone, and having clocked up all but 10% of league grounds following the club and shortly after a promotion, this is the first time I just don't want to go.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
up_the_line":puirksen said:
lyndhurst green":puirksen said:

COYG.

Thanks for the advice
Already decided not to bother. And before you crack on about what a sh1tty fan I must be this is the first ever game where I've been in Plymouth and decided it's just not something I want to do for 2 hours.. Even the wins in DA style kind of put a downer on my weekend. Never ever missed an opportunity to go to home park through any era, Shilton, Hodges, Mick Jones, Fletcher, Sheridan. Worse teams in some cases, but never as depressingly negative and frightened as a DA team. The bite back will probably be 'good riddance'... Fair enough, but maybe stop and ask yourself why it is that after 20 odd years, with worse periods based on league position alone, and having clocked up all but 10% of league grounds following the club and shortly after a promotion, this is the first time I just don't want to go.

This is a genuinely upsetting post and while not a course of action I would wish to take, I understand the sentiment.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sad, sad post. I know how much you care Patrick but you have to do what you have to do.