Motorcycle parking at Home Park | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Motorcycle parking at Home Park

For the last 10 years I have regularly ridden down from north devon to HP and parked in the same place in the Home Park car park (by the railings near the clothes recycling bin). However, on returning to my bike, after the Blackpool game I found a £50 parking ticket attached to my bike. Needless to say my mood on the ride home in stormy weather was not good. I have challenged the ticket with Plymouth City Council and asked them where I can legally park, but as yet they have not replied to my letter.
As I am intending to ride down tomorrow, can anyone tell me where exactly I can legally park a bike close to HP, preferably in the car park.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ask Darren Stoneman. He's a member on here and he's the Parking Manager for PCC.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Chris Six Acre":2bj4xh7b said:
For the last 10 years I have regularly ridden down from north devon to HP and parked in the same place in the Home Park car park (by the railings near the clothes recycling bin). However, on returning to my bike, after the Blackpool game I found a £50 parking ticket attached to my bike. Needless to say my mood on the ride home in stormy weather was not good. I have challenged the ticket with Plymouth City Council and asked them where I can legally park, but as yet they have not replied to my letter.
As I am intending to ride down tomorrow, can anyone tell me where exactly I can legally park a bike close to HP, preferably in the car park.
You won't be chuffed with the "development" plans then! Be a d1ck and take up a car space as others do... Often you'll be joined by another bike in the same space. Good luck :)

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
This happened to a friend of mine also. He contacted PCC and others to ask where he was supposed to park his bike and was told to use a car space! :doh:
There are huge swathes of hatched markings where they could put motorcycle bays.

tonsk

Argyle could learn a lot from other clubs in this regard.
Shining examples that spring to mind include Crawley, who actually allocate certain car park spaces to (obviously more than one) bike - worked well for me last season; and years ago Stoke, where you could park in the same fenced 'pen' as the team bus. Even Wycombe sensibly used to allow you to park up under the away stand.

Aug 3, 2017
It would make some sense to have a designated area for motorcyclists in all carparks. I know some do, but not all. Must be frustrating, trying to be good and not take a whole car space for a motorcycle yet being penalised for it.

Good luck challenging it.

May 8, 2011
In all the fuss about parking associated with the HHP planning application it was mentioned that Argyle have a licence to use the car park on matchdays.
If that is true how is it that they seem to have no involvement in the management of the car park as the parking restrictions are being enforced by the City Council.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
I often used my motor cycle but once the main car park had designated parking I never bothered again. So I'm now less green in my vehicle use and helping to clog the roads :(
There is a motor cycle bay on the road leading up to the life centre on the left hand side as you drive up the road nearest to the Brit. but it fills up v early.

D

Darren Stoneman

Park in a marked bay as per the terms of use on the car park.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Surely if Argyle have the licencee for sole use on matchdays what business have parking attendants issuing tickets during those times? :scarf:

N

NorfolkGreen

Parking in a car bay may not offer the same security as parking where the bike can be secured to a fixed point.

D

Darren Stoneman

The licence allows use of not some use and the off street traffic Order rides above the licence so the terms of use always apply. Unless privately rented , paid for and managed

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Darren Stoneman":1qfxz5l6 said:
The licence allows use of not some use and the off street traffic Order rides above the licence so the terms of use always apply. Unless privately rented , paid for and managed

Anyone care to unjargonate for me?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":2m3o0ypb said:
Darren Stoneman":2m3o0ypb said:

Anyone care to unjargonate for me?

Council looking for funds to fill their black hole in the budget. :scarf: