Wigan away | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Wigan away

Jan 29, 2010
Even the most optimistic of us must fear the trip to Wigan on Tuesday night yet for some strange reason I will still be making the trip and cheering on Argyle come what may. Whoever may be in charge, whichever line up is chosen whilst on the pitch the team will have my support. Things certainly do not look good at present but having watched this great game for over 40 years although highly unlikely it would not be a major shock if we went there and picked up a 1-0 win. These things happen quite often in football which is why it's the greatest game in the world . Look at the doom and gloom after Carlisle last year, we went to Notts County fearing the worst. 90 minutes later the season was turned in the right directions never to be shaken off course until the end. Whilst the end result may not be the same three points would certainly start to refloat what is currently the sinking good ship Mayflower.

Feb 17, 2017
Wigan will destroy us and we will have McCormick sent off and we will be rock bottom could be 3 maybe 4

Feb 2, 2007
I remember seeing Argyle at Springfield Park with Roberto Martinez and a couple of other Spaniards playing for Wigan if memory serves me right?

Pretty sure it was a draw? Would take that for Tuesday.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
I am turning up for this one, been looking forward to it, question is after today will the team??

May 3, 2017
Following Argyle is the most frustrating thing in the world at times. There's a lot of doom and gloom at the moment and its hard to see where the next goal is coming from let alone a win. I do kind of fear the worst against Wigan but somewhere along the way we will get a win. It may well be a smash and grab, back to the wall ground our affair but it'll happen. Why not this be Tuesday night?

Feb 2, 2007
Tynan One Nil":3hxcrtst said:
I am turning up for this one, been looking forward to it, question is after today will the team??

Do you want a game mate- we need full back, central defence, or striker? Just need to promise not to head butt, bunch, lunge in retaliation and not react to shirt pulls, name calling or the odd grapple.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I'll be there.

It has all the hallmarks of either a horrific 4-0 defeat or an out-of-the-blue, bonkers one goal win with nothing in between. We've had a few of those when we least expect it over the years.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
nick_PASTIE":1k0t5aha said:
I remember seeing Argyle at Springfield Park with Roberto Martinez and a couple of other Spaniards playing for Wigan if memory serves me right?

Pretty sure it was a draw? Would take that for Tuesday.

I recall 'sledging' their Spaniards in 1995 at Springfield Park under Warnock, handy 1-0 Saturday away win with maybe Adie scoring, after we picked up from our disastrous start.

In the draw under Jones at SP there were fewer Spaniards I think, though recall Martinez played at Home Park that season.

Jul 18, 2011
In the league we have played four away, not lost by more than one goal and not had a player sent off so maybe it will not be as bad as we fear?