Red Card Mystery Solved- Brexit may sort this! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Red Card Mystery Solved- Brexit may sort this!

Feb 2, 2007
After spending many hours researching our sudden spike in red cards I am pleased to announce to the world, or at least 2 or 3 saddos like me who have nothing better to do on a Saturday night that I have worked out the reason for our sudden spike in red cards. To be honest, I'm not surprised the Herald hasn't worked this out but I am a little shocked that other, much better informed Pasotites closer to the club, particularly the AFT haven't revealed this sooner.

Anyone familiar with EU working time directive will know that over a 13 week average employees need to work an average of 48 hours or less per week, have 11 hour gaps between shifts and take statutory minimum breaks. Apparently, Antoni Sarcevic, a bit of a union man, dusted down his contract just before the Scunthorpe game, suspecting that double training sessions and long distance travelling were taking him and his fellow squad members well over the average working time and had been in contravention of this and the only way around it was to get a red card this guaranteeing plenty of good breaks.

It's an unusual approach but the players well being, I'm sure you will all agree is paramount importance and as a fan base we should applaud the lads well informed view of this situation. Great solutions come from strained times and although the results have suffered a little, a recent employee satisfaction survey of the playing staff found it had gone up 10%.

Post Brexit it's debatable whether the law will change but at least for the next few years the players will ensure we are on the right side of the law and the club will avoid a fine and of course damage to its reputation as an "employer of distinction".

I'm sure you will all sleep better knowing this and feel better that at least a reason "why" has been provided. Next on the rota for reds is Gary Miller, although there are concerns he is unable to get close enough to the opposition to do any harm. We may have to go down to 9 with Ness pinning down the oppo wind up merchant at a set piece while Miller stamps on him.

Could takee 5 years though? We could be in the SWPL by then.
Unless we cliff edge out. Farage for pm anyone?
Gary miller. Nah.
Got to be greg wylde. He attempted to cantona a blackpool player and
just missed with another hack attempt today as well.
Something to do with car parks on his mind apparently. :greensmile:

Feb 2, 2007
Fenerbahce ane Besiktas players found out about the workaround tonight- 5 reds in that game, puts our efforts to shame, not a coincidence. Sadly they are not covered by EU law so they were pointless reds.