It's The Discipline | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

It's The Discipline

Oct 14, 2015
Many reasons and excuses been given for our performances this season so far. Adams has lost the dressing room, tactics, budget, players actual ability but really gets me is our totally lack of discipline. Four sending offs in four consecutive home games is an unbelievable statistic and whether each one was a red is neither here nor there, the players have made the ref make a decision but they shouldn't have put themselves in that position in the first place. I'm assuming Adams would've stressed the importance of keeping 11 men on the pitch and these blokes are professionals so they'd expect a bit of provocation from opposing players. It smacks of total disrespect/confidence in regards to the management in my opinion and why only in the home games??? As someone has pointed out elsewhere things aren't good at HP at the moment. For the first time in a while I'm dreading the game Tuesday night, Wigan away, Paul Cook who'd love to hammer us I'm sure. If we concede early I fear it could get embarrassing...

What a difference a few months make in football.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Pogleswoody":gkffbx2n said:
I wonder if it is time for an outfield skipper? :think:

Good question. The defence can hear his instruction but I doubt if the wingers can. Given the number of poorly defended goals Argyle are conceding it is debatable whether even the defence can hear him!

Aug 11, 2013
Probably a load of rubbish bur rumours circulating about players being overtrained, knackered as a result (and from travelling)and DA unwilling to listen to anyone - One might want a break from all that by getting oneself banned for 3 games perhaps?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
arrythewurzel":1v6s0xfq said:
Probably a load of rubbish bur rumours circulating about players being overtrained, knackered as a result (and from travelling)and DA unwilling to listen to anyone - One might want a break from all that by getting oneself banned for 3 games perhaps?

Purposely picking up a red card would only stop a player from playing games, he would still have to train and Adams could tell a player to still travel to away games - I'm sure Sarcevic was photographed at Walsall.

Funnily enough our yellow card count is average compared to other League One clubs although Miller is two yellow cards away from suspension.

Nov 18, 2011
arrythewurzel":2khg1ixy said:

The schedule was the same last season but we didn't have the silly sending offs. I feel the red cards are borne out of frustration as things just aren't going our way.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
arrythewurzel":2kuq8gdl said:
You're correct, a load of rubbish.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
PL2 3DQ":6jmaz8r5 said:
arrythewurzel":6jmaz8r5 said:

Purposely picking up a red card would only stop a player from playing games, he would still have to train and Adams could tell a player to still travel to away games - I'm sure Sarcevic was photographed at Walsall.

Funnily enough our yellow card count is average compared to other League One clubs although Miller is two yellow cards away from suspension.

That wouldn't be a bad thing. Personally I think he should be dropped as a lot of the goals we areconceding are coming from that side and at that far post

Sep 29, 2013
Welwyn Pilgrim":rwn76ah3 said:
Many reasons and excuses been given for our performances this season so far. Adams has lost the dressing room, tactics, budget, players actual ability but really gets me is our totally lack of discipline. Four sending offs in four consecutive home games is an unbelievable statistic and whether each one was a red is neither here nor there, the players have made the ref make a decision but they shouldn't have put themselves in that position in the first place. I'm assuming Adams would've stressed the importance of keeping 11 men on the pitch and these blokes are professionals so they'd expect a bit of provocation from opposing players. It smacks of total disrespect/confidence in regards to the management in my opinion and why only in the home games??? As someone has pointed out elsewhere things aren't good at HP at the moment. For the first time in a while I'm dreading the game Tuesday night, Wigan away, Paul Cook who'd love to hammer us I'm sure. If we concede early I fear it could get embarrassing...

What a difference a few months make in football.

As a Newport County supporter I can add we suffered from a lot of ill discipline in the last two seasons. It was no huge surprise that in both we were struggling for the majority of those seasons. For us, we had a number of managers who were not able to make a difference in any real way and it lead to players just losing the ability to retain control. The big change has been the appointment of Mike Flynn, who turned things round and one of the key elements is retaining discipline. Can't say much about Adams but at this early stage of the season, something is rotten in the state of Home Park. He got you up, but maybe, like many players find, that step is one too far. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
samjones":ytlglplp said:
PL2 3DQ":ytlglplp said:

That wouldn't be a bad thing. Personally I think he should be dropped as a lot of the goals we areconceding are coming from that side and at that far post

Who would replace him though? Until Oscar's back I don't think we have any alternatives, unless we go three at the back ...

Mar 29, 2017
warney":2x8d7rwo said:
samjones":2x8d7rwo said:
PL2 3DQ":2x8d7rwo said:

Who would replace him though? Until Oscar's back I don't think we have any alternatives, unless we go three at the back ...

I may be completely wrong but wasn't Sokolik touted as being able to play right back or centre back when he joined?

Jul 29, 2010
PAFCMatt84":3l4ocfl7 said:
warney":3l4ocfl7 said:
samjones":3l4ocfl7 said:
PL2 3DQ":3l4ocfl7 said:

I may be completely wrong but wasn't Sokolik touted as being able to play right back or centre back when he joined?
He was indeed. I seem to recall he first came into the side in that capacity too to cover for a Miller/Oscar injury.

Jul 29, 2010
The change in discipline level is very concerning. Whilst I don't seek to condone any of the individual acts themselves I merely make the observation that passion and aggression generally is a more positive trait in football than the absence of passion and aggression.

I would rather have a team who showed some teeth and fight in adversity, to whom losing hurts, than one that rolled over and meekly surrendered without any apparent dislike of being beaten.

Clearly it needs to be channelled better but being 'up for a fight' is a better instinctive trait than curling up into a ball.

Mar 23, 2008
Thing is the lack of discipline manifests itself in many ways, not just the red cards. Much of the bad marking and poor positional play is also a lack of discipline and players simply doing their job.