Matchday Moments with Visit Plymouth - Doncaster Rovers | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Matchday Moments with Visit Plymouth - Doncaster Rovers

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sonny's punch look a lot less innocuous from that angle, more like 'get the eff off me'.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
IJN":3uifal1o said:
Sonny's punch look a lot less innocuous from that angle, more like 'get the eff off me'.

:lol:

That's exactly how I saw it! As I say it's more of a grapple and shove off. That said I would be calling for a red if it was the other way just like I was for the disgraceful 2 footed lunge.

P

pilgrim errant

As an ex-referee I take particular interest in their performance at Home park while maintaining green blood allegiance. Referees are never prejudiced against Argyle and there is no conspiracy as our manager seems to think despite "looking after them well"! Perhaps we should give them a better quality pastie at full time. Having seen on match day moments the Bradley sending off I feel that he was hard done by following three 'grabbing' fouls by his opponent and his attempts to free himself ended with apparently swinging his arm in what looked like a punch but landed under his armpit. The referee had the same view as mine and we both thought a punch was thrown and connected. My sympathies are with Bradley for nothing can be more annoying to a player than to be illegally - and in this case persistently - prevented playing football. Sadly such mutual cheating is now endemic in the game and our own defenders are not innocent in this regard - keep an eye on our keeper at corner and free kicks. Miller's offence clearly warranted a booking - a regular offender who seems to concentrate on the opponent rather than the ball. Carey's red card should never have been appealed against as he clearly targeted the man over frustration that a different player altogether had hassled and perhaps fouled from behind him. The red card was clearly justified. Self-discipline is clearly a big issue with some of our players but we are not a dirty side and the manager needs to set the tone and professional outlook required.

Our 2 big centre backs both beaten too easily in the air for the first 2 goals.
The eventual scorer butler beats ryan on the edge of the box for the 1st and then
sonny gets beaten by their no 15 leading to their second. Not much point us
playing a couple of giants back there if they cant win their headers or at least
put the oppo player off theirs.
It looks a red as well even if the forearm swinging is hidden from this view. You
can actually see the frustration building up in sonny beforehand.
The ref had a clear view of it and butler involved again.

Apr 5, 2008
Why was the Doncaster player not booked for continually pulling Bradley's shirt ?

And third goal no one tracks the runner in the box,they see him but no one attempts to mark him ,defence is an utter joke at the moment. Is Adams actually training any of them on their defensive duties or what :facepalm: If we only lose by two goals Tuesday!it would be a result :facepalm:

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Poor defending for their goals. May seemed to have a free run every time and no one was tracking him!
Think Bradley was hard done by. Hope they contest it. I can understand the referees decision because from his angle it may have looked like a punch. It clearly wasn't and it should have been a penalty. What was the assistant looking at?
Whilst we cannot moan about conceding soft, avoidable goals, we really don't seem to be getting the rub of the green at the moment. Injuries, suspensions and bad luck seem to all be conspiring against us!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Have only seen it once on telly but there is a difference between swinging an elbow back into someone's face and using your whole forearm in a forward direction to disentangle yourself from a player who is hanging onto you like an octopus!!
Always wonder why ref ignores serious mauling given to Bradley but acts immediately on one arm movement? :think:

Dec 29, 2011
just watched match day moments.Taken aback by the intensity that CIftci comes out with-.Pity that is not replicated when the match starts