Songo | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Songo

Jul 7, 2006
We all know that sooner or later in a game he is probably going to make a daft mistake or two which puts the team in jeopardy but my goodness what a work rate and attitude he has. He puts his body on the line and one can't ask any more than that.
Perhaps there should be a pre-game Songo perfume to spray over the other players. Blissett certainly could do with some...LOL

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Found a run of form it seems. Not a player you want dwelling on the ball but was outstanding at Wigan. Constantly making key blocks, challenges and putting body on the line. Also seemed to be the main person organising and geeing the others up.

Oct 31, 2015
Hes been the best player on the park for us this season and thats after an indifferent start.

I used to put my hands over my eyes last season when he got involved but he has been a different player this season. We need a few of him.on the pitch tbh

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
jimsing":1rop2b41 said:
Far too slow I'm afraid, but recovers reasonably well, sometimes!
Compared to Edwards and Bradley he’s a whippet

Aug 2, 2011
Showed total committment yesterday - if the others had as much heart we would not be in the sh-t that we are.

Apr 30, 2017
I love Songo'o. He has got so little skill its unbelievable but he has is the most committed player at the club. Will always guarantee 100% and he loves wearing our green shirt. He shouts and shouts organising, definately a candidate for captain in my opinion. He also knows he has little skill so when passing, he gets the ball and will always look for a Carey, Ness or Fox, keeps it simple. He will throw his body on the line, two examples the entire game vs Wigan and last season vs Crawley when he chucked his head in with feet flying in the air and headed it into Taylor's path to score. He has got to be one of the least skillful players in an Argyle shirt but also has to be one of the most committed. I genuinely love Songo'o, he makes us laugh with his miss kicks and everyone around not having a go instead shouting "Songo'oooo". I hope he is captain of this club one day, because he doesn't stop organising or encouraging. His commitment makes our saturdays bearable but always provides something for us to laugh at. LEGEND.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Against Shrewsbury I'd like to see Bradley replace Ness with Songo'o taking up a holding midfield role.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Cobi Budge":1nt38r0y said:
Against Shrewsbury I'd like to see Bradley replace Ness with Songo'o taking up a holding midfield role.

I agree.
We need a blood and snotters ball winner in midfield. Songo only needs to win the ball and pass it to Fox or Carey, simples.
He is limited as a player but I believe the above is his best role more so than centre defence where a mistake can easily lead to a goal.

Ness has been a real disappointment and seems so slow and deliberate

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge":jjak84ma said:
i would like to see lameiras replace graham carey with yann alongside him.bradley back to partner edwards.blisset and fletcher up front.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Why take Songo out of the position where he has excelled to be put into a position where he has been not so effective ?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Dreamgreen":2jyvp50j said:
Why take Songo out of the position where he has excelled to be put into a position where he has been not so effective ?
This.

You leave Songo’o excalty where he is.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Dreamgreen":3t4no85o said:

Bradley should be the no 1 centre defender and our biggest problem is CDM. Songo seems to have improved this season and we haven't really seen him play in midfield this year.
You need to look at the bigger picture and get the best balance for the overall team