Can we beat Shrewsbury? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Can we beat Shrewsbury?

Aug 13, 2011
Despite the poor start is it possible we can tame the Shrews? . It's the sort of fixture you'd put money on Argyle upsetting the form book in the past. It'll be a good examination of our abilities to go up a gear. Let's hope. Should be a bumper crowd.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Doubt it I think it will be another defeat. Just can't see where the goals are coming from, and they will probably be one of the best sides to come to HP this season.

Aug 13, 2011
We need to score first, it could be just a loose ball that drops on to the foot of a striker. Then confidence could pick up from there and the crowd drive us on.. If we concede you'd have to suspect heads may drop. Its on the first goal.

Feb 17, 2017
Personally I think Shrewsbury are playing in a similar vein to us last season and maybe there league position is not that representative of the football theyā€™re playing, I donā€™t think even they expected to be at the top of the league. Iā€™ve got a feeling weā€™ll get result tomorrow, new face to liven up the squad, as said if we can get the first goal in games I donā€™t see any reason why we canā€™t win this, weā€™re in the same league, I believe they are higher than they should be and we are lower should be a good game.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
They're a well-organised, hard to beat outfit who've held firm under pressure.

We're a patched together squad who can't get a point for love nor money and have imploded at the first sign of pressure.

I mean, it's POSSIBLE for us to beat Shrewsbury but it's unlikely for a good reason.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Top v bottom. The typical Argyle way is a 1-0 win, that or a 5-0 defeat.

Aug 13, 2011
I think one of these days Carey will do something special. He's very well marked because he is clearly singled out as our main threat but great players always find a way. Maybe tomorrow is his day!!

Dec 2, 2010
I can't be there today, but will be for the Rochdale game.

I had a dream that we wen't into that game on the back of three wins!

CMON ARGYLE!

Aug 13, 2011
Yes woke up and excited. Argyle need to throw the kitchen sink at them today. No point playing it strategically expecting to outwit them or going blow for blow with them. They are top for a reason. Better to just get on top and stay on top. Just keep the ball in their half and push up from the back. Keep players in advanced positions. Maybe play Ciftci as he has plenty about him. Don't let them attack us. A huge effort and let's pepper their goal. If we win this we will immediately rid ourselves of the '' basket case'' of the league tag we have being applied to us.. Time to step up to the plate... Go Greens,!!