Blackburn match day thread | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Blackburn match day thread

Aug 24, 2011
FattyBolger":2aoitq34 said:
If we can battle another point tonight then after last saturday I will feel the fightback is really on.

Agreed, a draw tonight is a good result, the next two games after that we need minimum 4pts.

Aug 22, 2006
FattyBolger":2xue8f9h said:
If we can battle another point tonight then after last saturday I will feel the fightback is really on.

Ordinarily yes I would agree with you absolutely, but unfortunately the damage has been done. We need wins to rectify this. 2 points from 2 games doesn't really support a comeback as such, although in the context of the next 5 games maybe... just maybe. With any fixture now we can't just say "well we're playing the league leaders a point would suffice" or "Blackburn are a former premier league side, they're a big team a point will be decent." Of course if you can guarantee me a win at AFC Wimbledon on Saturday then it's a different story... ;) We need to start pulling off some decent wins... shocks/suprises whatever you want to call them.

Jan 27, 2012
Thanks to Jack Walker, Blackburn have been artificially pumped up with money for the last 25 years or so. Before then they were a Plymouth Argyle sized team kicking around in the middle divisions. I think they are sliding back down into their "natural" position in the football hierarchy now.

They still have some Championship standard players on their books but are well beatable- the crowd are not happy as they are used to success and I reckon its affecting their players (like Argyle).

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
gaspargomez":nxw5xwq1 said:
Thanks to Jack Walker, Blackburn have been artificially pumped up with money for the last 25 years or so. Before then they were a Plymouth Argyle sized team kicking around in the middle divisions. I think they are sliding back down into their "natural" position in the football hierarchy now.

They still have some Championship standard players on their books but are well beatable- the crowd are not happy as they are used to success and I reckon its affecting their players (like Argyle).

Would you be referring to the same Blackburn Rovers who have spent 71 seasons in the top tier?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Obviously a relative youngster or someone who doesn't know their football history.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Emu":1c4nd6qa said:
gaspargomez":1c4nd6qa said:

Would you be referring to the same Blackburn Rovers who have spent 71 seasons in the top tier?

Fair play but recent history was funded by Jack Walker and the point being that now they are regressing due to not having his money inflating the cost of the squad. Okay, so they spent 70 years in the top tier but that is as much to do with geography as anything else.

In the days when Argyle came second for so many years in the old southern division (whatever it was called) if we had been in a London or amongst the northern clubs than promotion would have been ours.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I appreciate where you are coming from Ade, but the factors maketh that they are a far more successful club than we are historically.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
I remember going to one mid week match when Darren Rowbotham scored and we came back from 1-0 to win 1-2.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Emu":2y0q5vle said:
I appreciate where you are coming from Ade, but the factors maketh that they are a far more successful club than we are historically.

Absolutely and given the option all of us would have wanted the chance to have a little of what they had.

Blackburn (at home though) was my first game watching Argyle and we were well beaten 1-3 I think. Revenge for that would be perfek.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
What about the 74/75 season when we had 28,000 at HP beating Blackburn 2 v 1, but lost 2 v 5 away in the same month, both vying for the championship of Div 3. Those were the days .

Mar 14, 2009
We looked better on Saturday.

Unfortunately, we were still so negative in the way we played the game.

The first half we might as well just not bother with as all it seems its about is staying on par with the opposition.

Hate to see my team retreat to the half way line, watch the opposition pass it around them as they shadow defence.

Until we start pressing teams, get tight to players and have players who can support our loan forward I'm afraid there is no turning this around.

We may not have the players needed for survival but DA's tactics make the whole situation even worse. I was thinking weeks ago we could get out of this but playing the football we do, but more importantly the way we play it, means we unfortunately we are going down.

Doesn't matter who Argyle bring in now. We are now showing how desperate we are in bringing people in when DA himself said that the benefit we would have over other teams is that we have a settled squad where we wont need emergency additions. This guy contradicts himself ever other week now.

Win, lose or draw tonight it doesn't matter. It is masking over how bloody poor the football is and how poor his tactical game plan is. I honestly thought when he came to Argyle he was an exciting, attacking mind set of a manager. I think after a number of years he has proved himself to be the alternative to that.

Sorry for the rant but I see people getting their hopes up with Toums (and possibly Church) but as he wont change his game plan we allow team after team to come at us I just cant see how if you play this way the players can ever gain any confidence in playing this way. I don't expect him to be sacked anytime soon either which is depressing to be honest.

Expecting another limp performance, we may or may not get something from.