Carey as ST or Sarcevic at No 10 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Carey as ST or Sarcevic at No 10

Mar 14, 2009
After watching another Carey wonder strike on Saturday, whilst others failed to hit the target, I wondered why we don't play Carey further forward.

Now many might say that is crazy but the issue I have with him at No 10 position or out wide on the wing is that he is often either too deep to hurt the opposition with his shooting ability or too busy trying too supply a "magic" ball from out wide. The problem with him out wide is there is often no one in the box apart from the one forward to hit which seems like its not much a worthwhile exercise sticking him out on the wing.

Whilst the new guy (Toums) adds something to our midfield we still lack that midfielder who bursts into the box. Well actually, I don't think we do, its just he is played in every other midfield position apart from No10. Defensive midfielder he is not. He is OK in a 3 across centre midfield but I have often seen him make some good runs into the box, which is not often due to his restricted role in the team.

Saturday was an improvement. Yet the team still don't get enough bodies in the box. I can imagine Carey playing just off Blissett, but much further forward, and his dribbling and shooting ability causing defensives issues. Yet if Adams still wants to persist with the lacklustre 4-2-3-1 then I believe, as long as Sarcevic was allowed to get close to whoever was playing the loan forward role that it would give people like Carey a much better chance of finding an Argyle player in the box because he is big, powerful and strong.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Dreamgreen":u5xmr0wd said:
I've had a long day ... what is an ST ?

Striker

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Suicidal tactics?

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
Funnily enough, I have been thinking exactly the same. Let him play in the hole and give him free range to go where he wants. He is probably our most natural finisher so play him where he can cause the most damage.

May 12, 2016
Exactly what I've been thinking, he's the guy I'd want on the ball in front of goal so may as well put in the position where its most likely to happen.