Pasoti Man of the Match totals so far

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Pasoti Man of the Match totals for this season so far…..

Peterborough: Fox – 19% of the vote
Bristol City: No player – 54%
Charlton: McCormick – 36%
Southend: Edwards – 60%
Scunthorpe: Carey – 40%
Walsall: Carey - 18%
MK Dons: Grant – 58%
Blackpool: Blissett – 34%
Bury: McCormick – 79%
Doncaster: No player – 33%
Wigan: Letheren – 58%
Bristol Rovers: Letheren - 59%
Fleetwood: Songo’o – 87%
Shrewsbury: Songo’o – 40%
Blackburn: Cooper – 33%

Of the nine signings made before the summer transfer window closed only Edwards and Grant were voted as MotM with most of the winners being the old guard of Carey, Fox, McCormick and Songo’o.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
This reminded me that I hadn't voted on the Doncaster game. Now done.

Bradley 117.

No player 117.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Mainly defenders and keepers sums up the season.
Oh for a goal scoring striker and free flowing football.
Surprised DA hasn't had the goals boarded up as parking the team bus hasn't worked

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Songo'o has been player of the season so far, he's really stepped up & proved many people (including me) wrong.

Oct 31, 2015
8 of those games have either been the keepers or a defender (mostly Songo) That tells the story of this season in another way but with the same outcome.Too bloody defensive!!!!!!!!!!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I don’t want to be too harsh on the summer signings because they are needed to ensure we don’t get relegated but I don’t think the signings Adams made before the transfer window closed are an improvement on some of the players released at the end of last season and it’s debatable that they are at the standard for League One.
There is still time for players to gain confidence and come good but in my opinion the only summer signing to improve the team from last season is Edwards with the old guard dominating starting appearances and Man of the Match totals.

Letheren and Diagouraga signed after the window closed and have definitely improved the team based on the limited games they have played so far.

Robbert te Loeke v Marc McCallum
Much of a muchness, we didn’t/haven’t seen enough of either keeper to judge.

Kyle Letheren v Vincent Dorel
Letheren is a big improvement, he’s more experienced than Dorel and commands his area better. Letheren wins.

Ryan Edwards v Nauris Bultivis
Both have height and both lack pace but Edwards is the better defender. Edwards wins.

Aaron Taylor-Sinclair v Ben Purrington
Adams didn’t replace Purrington when he left in January and Threlkeld played at left-back, ATS signed in the summer and so far Purrington is the better player. Purrington wins.

Jamie Ness v Connor Smith
I would have kept Smith and he is exactly the type of midfielder we needed this season. Ness is better at passing the ball but has no mobility and pace. Smith wins although two managers have now deemed him not good enough for L1 after winning promotion.

Lionel Ainsworth v Matty Kennedy
No contest. Ainsworth has struggled with injuries and his Argyle career has been stop-start but Kennedy is easily the better player. Kennedy wins.

Gregg Wylde v Jordan Slew
Slew is another I would have kept, he can play as a striker or winger although Wylde is the better winger. Both just as good.

Ruben Lameiras v Ryan Donaldson
Donaldson was a decent utility player but after a very good pre-season Lameiras is not being selected even when Carey was suspended. Due to injuries and suspensions Donaldson's versatility would have thrived in the current team.

Toumani Diagouraga v David Ijaha
Both are powerful midfielders and Ijaha had a great start with a Man of the Match award against Luton at home last season but Diagouraga has played at a higher level and is the best option.

Joel Grant v Craig Tanner
Tanner for me, he offers more of a goal threat.

Nadir Cifti v Arnie Garita
Both strikers, both loanees and both consistently injured. We haven’t seen the best of Cifti, he wasn’t match fit when he joined us and struggled and while the unpredictable Garita faded after a good start I would pick him ahead of Cifti.

Alex Fletcher v Louis Rooney
Rooney didn’t get much of a chance and due to circumstances this season Fletcher is a regular in the squad and is now starting games. Fletcher wins.

Adams didn’t replace Jimmy Spencer and Ryan Brunt which meant the squad was two strikers light (if Brunt had regained his fitness).

Six of the nine signings made before the transfer window closed have rarely started games, partly due to poor form or injuries, only Edwards, Ness and Grant have reached double figures for starting games.

Starting appearances:
Sawyer 15
Edwards 14
Carey 13
Miller 12
Songo'o 11
Bradley 11
Ness 11
Sarcevic 12
Jervis 10
Fox 10
Grant 10
McCormick 9
Blissett 8
Letheren 6
Cifti 6
Wylde 5
Taylor-Sinclair 4
Ainsworth 4
Fletcher 3
Lameiras 3
Sokolik 3
Threlkeld 2
Diagouraga 2
Te Loeke 2
Taylor 1

Mar 23, 2008
I think Garita would be a good upgrade on what we have, whilst not perfect he offers real nuisance value.