Brief Synopsis (Wimbledon) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis (Wimbledon)

I

I'mArgyleinDubai

First Half- Dull, nothing too report

Second Half- End to end and action Packed. Then we scored. Carey unbelievable again. All of our play goes through him and he's lethal cutting in off the right hand side. Key moment of the half when he cut in once again, but instead of shooting thread a gift of a pass through to Grant who finished it beautifully.

After that it was back against the wall. The Wimbledon attacks came in waves, but we defended very well and rode our luck at times. Songo'o phenomenal again. He just keeps getting better and better. Fox and Toums were calm and used the ball well in midfield. The GK made a couple of great saves and it was just enough to see us over the line after some squeaky bum time. Excellent away performance.

Keeper- 8 very important saves at the end
Sawyer- 7 solid and tidy
Bradley- 7 a couple of shaky moments but some crucial tackles and headers
Edwards- 7 solid defending throughout
Taylor- Sinclair- 7 solid and tidy
Songo'o- 9 man mountain. The usual blocks, tackles and headers, but also used the ball incredibly well
Fox- 8- Worked hard and used the ball well
Toums 7- Worked hard and used the ball well
Grant- 8 Some great runs and lovely goal
Carey- 9 At his best scaring the life out of defenders
Jervis- 8 V. impressed how he adapted to the lone striker role. Offers pace and surprisingly good hold up play

Mar 23, 2008
A win! Three games without defeat, all since Diagouraga came in and shows what a little bit of quality can do. The tide has turned, well done to Adams and the team they've all shown real character of late.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Deacster":1hvgx8hm said:
A win! Three games without defeat, all since Diagouraga came in and shows what a little bit of quality can do. The tide has turned, well done to Adams and the team they've all shown real character of late.

Yes and Ness being dropped. Songo and Carey are lifting the rest

Aug 15, 2015
Deacster":3lzki57x said:

Highlights the ineffectiveness of Sarcevic. It's no coincidence that we have improved and become a stronger team since the beefing up of our midfield.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Good performance, all told.

Bitty first half playing into the wind and sun. We sat a bit too deep again and Wimbledon kept coming onto us from midfield, and they had the better (half) chances. No shots on target from either side.

Second half we played a much higher line and took over the midfield. Good use of both wings. Grant really came into the game as an attacking wide midfielder, with Carey down the other flank. Credit to both for a very well worked goal. I think I'm right in saying that Grant started the move from left defence, he picked it up again in midfield and pulled in Carey who dribbled it into the box then played a lovely ball through for Grant coming in on the left to finish high on the angle.

Wombles made attacking subs, we swapped Jervis for Blisset (who wasn't as effective as usual I felt) and Miller for Grant during stoppage time. Unfortunately deep, deep defence gifted the opposition some great chances and we owed the three points ultimately to Matthews for one great save and some very confident, competent command of his area. I hope he stays for more than week.

I thought Bradley was a bit off the pace today and a bit edgy. He took a knock first half but I don't think that was it. Diagouraga was excellent, worked hard and composed on the ball.

This was the kind of game I thought we'd be winning more of in this league, very much last season's tactics against a lower-half team. Maybe that's still how it will pan out. Three points is three points and we shouldn't be afraid of Rochdale next week. I hope Fletcher gets in the field for that one.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I wonder if the tactics were to sit back first half and absorb the pressure without conceding.

Second half shock and awe for the goal and then backs to the wall.

Feb 17, 2017
Diagouraga could be the turning point and has made a massive difference to our midfield. Play seems to get broken up now and a lot of good interceptions today, just shows how poor ness is and I don’t think Sarcevic has been as good as last season either. Songo was his usual reliable commited self but also added another dimension with great distribution of the ball. Carey looked dangerous cutting in a couple times before finally setting up the goal, add a striker of toumis quality and we will have a very competitive side. It’s clear we are not a bottom 4 side anymore and I think we will be clear of this mess by Christmas

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I wasn't there but a couple of general observations on our season.

We are now playing 2 left backs in our back four. Sure teams are targetting Sawyer on the right so all credit to him so far for adapting for the benefit of the team.

Pleased Grant did well as I can't say he has particularly impressed when I have seen him for us.

Midfield- clearly Toums has made a difference since his arrival. Must say Sarcevic seems to have lost his way this season. I thought he would be the guy getting on the end of things in the opponents box but both him and Ness will not find it easy to return to the starting line-up on current form.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Forgot to mention that I'm looking forward to the highlights to see the Fox chance again.
A few minutes from the end he seemed clear with just the keeper to beat, but chipped over the bar when a prod either side would have made for a more relaxed end to the game. But maybe other angles will show it differently.

Apr 17, 2013
Despite limited vision from the packed Argyle side of the ground , it always felt like a game that was there for the taking . Wimbledon did not look potent in attack and despite a couple of early slips on the heavily watered turf, our defense felt sound. Hence an uneventful first half. In the second , Argyle showed a lot of gritted teeth determination and started to create chances. A good low cross from Carey on the right was inches from Grant making contact with the goal in front of him. More was to follow and then a nicely taken goal from Grant. Argyle continued to create chances and soaked up all Wimbledon could offer. Songo'o was immense throughout and Bradley and the defense dug deep. Matthews made some very competent and. Important tip over saves and we rode our luck a bit.
No one could fault the effort of every one of those players today and the players appreciation of the always impressive London support was very evident . DA also there applauding and being applauded after the final whistle. Seems like the tide is starting to turn and Argyle are perhaps finally stabilising with the help of the positive and vocal faithful.

Dec 27, 2004
Southampton
So chuffed.

Jervis was superb today and Songo’o was a rock protecting the back four.

The last minute was so tense, especially with I think miller throwing his head on the floor to block a shot. Players are fighting for each other.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
It looks like a few things have come together in the last few weeks...
1) players look like they've started playing/fighting for eachother
2) Toums arriving
3) Carey back to form - possibly got something to do with 2.

It's a start in the right direction but we do need to keep this going and I would say that beating Rochdale next week is now even more important.