Matthews | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Matthews

Oct 14, 2015
Having signed about 24 hours ago you have to admire his professionalism in the way he performed today for Argyle without knowing the names of the players. Looked confident and assured but commented that he likes to punch rather than catch but put this down to the very windy conditions.

Whilst it's to early to say he looks useful and more than played his part today.

Feb 28, 2016
Didn't think he did anything Cooper couldn't of.

Fair play he dealt with everything he had to and done the job so can't knock him.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
MarkMatthews":3gqkl6p8 said:

Fair play he dealt with everything he had to and done the job so can't knock him.

Maybe we defended better because we didn't have a young inexperienced keeper?
Not knocking Cooper but sometimes team dynamics aren't just about the one changed player!

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Pogleswoody":1t3k2ofa said:
MarkMatthews":1t3k2ofa said:

Not knocking Cooper but sometimes team dynamics aren't just about the one changed player!

Totally agree the defenders surely would have felt more confident behind someone who has played league games and comes highly thought of rather than our apprentice.

Don't get me wrong I think Cooper looks a very good prospect but he needs time and proper development. I can see him being our No.1 when Luke retires if we can keep him here.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Glynn":4rjoq4qp said:
Pogleswoody":4rjoq4qp said:
MarkMatthews":4rjoq4qp said:

Totally agree the defenders surely would have felt more confident behind someone who has played league games and comes highly thought of rather than our apprentice.

Don't get me wrong I think Cooper looks a very good prospect but he needs time and proper development. I can see him being our No.1 when Luke retires if we can keep him here.
I don't think we had them all on the goal line for the whole game Glynn. ;)

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Keepitgreen":1jcwrfwr said:
Glynn":1jcwrfwr said:
Pogleswoody":1jcwrfwr said:
MarkMatthews":1jcwrfwr said:

I don't think we had them all on the goal line for the whole game Glynn. ;)

Haha fair shout Bob.

Aug 5, 2016
MarkMatthews":2zudkxgd said:

Do you ever think you perhaps overestimate the capability of the academy players and their attributes relative to the professional athletes they are competing with (for a space in the team) and against?

You always seem genuinely shocked Adams doesn't pick 18 year old apprentices over career footballers in their late twenties.

When DA did pick Fletcher v Shrewsbury, you gave Adams no credit for backing the youth system and insisted Fletcher "forced his hand" as the club's top scorer.

It seems to me a bit strange you equate saves and goals v Liskeard in the SWPL to doing it seamlessly against Shrewsbury, Blackburn and Wimbledon, with no maturing process necessary in between the 7 tiers of football that separate those standards.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
There was a second half over hit cross that turned into a shot which caught everyone out and made my heart skip a beat.

Matthews readjusted and saved it comfortably, but I remember thanking the footballing gods that we had a relatively experienced goalie to do so. Especially after that Rashford goal in midweek.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
MarkMatthews":3nri5qpd said:

Personally I thought he was very assured.
Looks like a good loan signing.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Knibbsworth":72dyvqw8 said:
MarkMatthews":72dyvqw8 said:

Do you ever think you perhaps overestimate the capability of the academy players and their attributes relative to the professional athletes they are competing with (for a space in the team) and against?

You always seem genuinely shocked Adams doesn't pick 18 year old apprentices over career footballers in their late twenties.

When DA did pick Fletcher v Shrewsbury, you gave Adams no credit for backing the youth system and insisted Fletcher "forced his hand" as the club's top scorer.

It seems to me a bit strange you equate saves and goals v Liskeard in the SWPL to doing it seamlessly against Shrewsbury, Blackburn and Wimbledon, with no maturing process necessary in between the 7 tiers of football that separate those standards.

Well said.

We can renew Matthews' loan every seven days if we can medically prove our three senior keepers are injured, so next Friday we will sign him again although obviously he will be training with us all week.

The fly in the ointment is the FA Cup game in two weeks time where Norwich or any team may not want their keeper cup tied, although by all accounts McCormick has a chance of being fit by then.
I wonder if there's a chance te Loeke will be the first keeper to declare himself fit to play? :)

Feb 17, 2017
Maybe a bit controversial but he looked the most composed keeper I’ve seen between the sticks all season for us, didn’t seem to bat an eyelid and never once did I think he was gonna be beaten or make a mistake.