Carey's resurgence key to revival | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Carey's resurgence key to revival

Aug 13, 2011
The most obvious factor in the 3 positive results is Carey's inspirational form. Two wonder goals and a wonder assist has brought in 3 goals which has seen us gain 5 unlikely points. That has resulted in the whole team reinserting a newfound determination to keep striving to protect his majestic interventions. Now what we need is more adventurous play in the final third from others to help shoulder the load.. Jervis apart we are not firing up there. An incredible miss by Fox today after other incredible misses in previous games. These simply have to be converted and more quality on assists is also essential. He can't keep carrying the attack. But yes he's certainly been on a different planet to his early season form and to most around him and opposing him. We all know he has that in abundance in his locker. Argyle are that one forward with real knowhow and poise (seems the missing, hopefully pending free agent we need) away from a broader and more sustainable resurgence.. Meantime let's hope our midfield dynamo keeps up the genius.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Shop window?

Aug 13, 2011
I don't think Argyle would dare sell him. After all the suffering so far there would be mutiny.!!!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think Toumani is crucial in this, though other factors may be as well...

People talk about not signing strikers, but a dominant presence in midfield can free up attacking players to excel.

Feb 2, 2007
Very careful Skynet any message of The place that isn’t peppery volcanic waste, as the original warning post also very subtley confirmed, could set hates running again.

Toums is the key to our resurgence. And no Ness or Miller.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
1) He's been played on the right and I have always thought that he is most dangerous on that side cutting in onto his left foot.

2) I felt he was playing well in previous games but not getting much return for his efforts, getting fouled continuously and, so, getting frustrated.

3) Diagouraga has come into the team.

4) I hate to say it, but Ness hasn't been playing. Our points return with him in the side has been terrible compared to without him.

Jul 3, 2013
The Doctor":3d0gt6ug said:
1) He's been played on the right and I have always thought that he is most dangerous on that side cutting in onto his left foot.

2) I felt he was playing well in previous games but not getting much return for his efforts, getting fouled continuously and, so, getting frustrated.

4) I hate to say it, but Ness hasn't been playing. Our points return with him in the side has been terrible compared to without him.

Its got naff all to do with Ness or Miller, our points would have been much greater if the players simply kept their discipline at vital points of the matches. Wimbledon had over 30 goal attempts and 18 corners which is more than anyone this season against us.

Jul 18, 2011
Stiffler":1px6jzow said:
The Doctor":1px6jzow said:

Its got naff all to do with Ness or Miller, our points would have been much greater if the players simply kept their discipline at vital points of the matches. Wimbledon had over 30 goal attempts and 18 corners which is more than anyone this season against us.

Err, no they didn’t, they had 18 shots all game. Even Blackburn didn’t have that many.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
The first 4 threads all are key to our revival if you ask me.

No cards
Toums signing
Carey back to his best
Songo’o being immense

Hopefully in a couple of weeks Taylor will be back as well

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Form is temporary but class is permanent. GC10 is quality, probably the only real quality player we have

His form had dipped in a struggling team and that combined with off field rumours was not helping our cause.

Yes he has improved and scored a couple of worldies but we cant keep on relying on him to do that.
Teams have targeted him and without others contributing the opposition know that if you stop Carey we are toothless.

I hope we fair well against the other poor teams in this league as these 6 pointers will define whether we stay up or get relegated