The improvement in Songo'o | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The improvement in Songo'o

Mar 14, 2009
Last season he was a whole hearted played.

A performance that would typify him was Doncaster away when he came on. Not always starting, but would fill in a role and put his body in the thick of the action to stop the ball going towards goal.

One issue though was that he always had a mistake in him. Sometimes calamitous.

This season though he has raised his performance levels. He has been one of the better players on the pitch and performed well at times. It's werid how last season Argyle never looked rock solid without Bradley and now Songo (and Toums) have added that steel that Bradley provided last season.

Hope he can keep it going and keep his performance levels up because he is a player who gives 100% and deserves the accolades he is getting for his performances in the recent matches.

Sep 1, 2006
Steve Evans":2vv0kass said:
he has been magnificent recently.'twill be a very interesting player of the season vote.toumani is also superb. :clap:

Chill your beans Steve.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Songo'o is a great player to have when you're down the bottom. Last ditch tackles, no nonsense clearances and hard tackles. In a team that was useful with the ball (Last season) he struggles due to his limited technical ability.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Yann's reaction is exactly what you hope to see from a professional.

Couldn't get in the starting eleven at the beginning of the season but got his chance due to others indiscipline and is now playing really well so he holds onto the shirt.

Hope he can maintain it. Not always rated on here but his commitment to the cause and performance in last few weeks has been excellent.

I, for one, am delighted he has "evolved" !

Last season, criticised by many on here, maybe with some justification ?

Only seeing so few games in the UK, due to my location, I always hoped [and thought] he would come good.

Messrs. Errington and Adams have always shared my opinion, thankfully.

May he go from strength to strength and take the "non-believers" on here with him.

Player of The Season ?

Why not !

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Songo'o is a far better player than many people think (and is improving game by game). He wins the ball with tackles and headers and often plays neat one touch passes to a teammate which seems to go unnoticed by many. And of course puts his body on the line whenever needed. If we had a few more with his attitude we would not be in the position we currently find ourselves.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
LeonTheGreen":fmup4495 said:
Songo'o is a great player to have when you're down the bottom. Last ditch tackles, no nonsense clearances and hard tackles. In a team that was useful with the ball (Last season) he struggles due to his limited technical ability.

I agree. Horses for courses. At the moment he is playing well and thriving in a relegation battle but he has limited ability. That's fine and all well and good and most times you need to have some people like this in a TEAM.
Its having the right balance of skill and fight overall.
League 1 players are not complete players otherwise they would be in the premiership

Have a team of Ozil's in our predicament and you would have no chance of surviving

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
samjones":jvc7tm7q said:
LeonTheGreen":jvc7tm7q said:

I agree. Horses for courses. At the moment he is playing well and thriving in a relegation battle but he has limited ability. That's fine and all well and good and most times you need to have some people like this in a TEAM.
Its having the right balance of skill and fight overall.
League 1 players are not complete players otherwise they would be in the premiership

Have a team of Ozil's in our predicament and you would have no chance of surviving

Actually I would disagree--his distribution has improved considerably. Like most of us I initially thought 'oh blimey where is this going to go?' when he shaped up for a pass, but not now. His technical ability, in my opinion, is perfectly adequate for this level (but then I've always been a Songo'o fan--and a Lameiras fan for that matter--but he seems to have 'disappeared'). I think he will thrive in a hopefully improving team.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Did anyone else see Yann repeatedly hollering at Jake Jervis to mark closer as AFC were taking a free kick.

Jake eventually just made a look that said 'what the flip are you on about?' which made me and quite a few others laugh.

Certainly showed Yann was very much on it yesterday, though.

S

swendies

I actually have said that we will sell him for a million. Players with his 100 % effort every game are few and far between

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Superb commitment, and not lost his discipline all season from what I recall.

Although yes it is extremely difficult to spot tackles and short passes made way out there in the middle region of the pitch, thankfully some ultra smart fans spot those and share the wisdom with us unnoticing majority, thank you so much.

But for the 10+ games we're needing 2+ goals to help achieve winning in total a 1/3+ required of the 23 home and away legs (can't stand all that points and goal difference jabber until all the games are done, else way too complicated), I'd rather have a fired up Sarcevic or Lameiras out there frankly, because once teams figure they need to do a way better job again on Carey, we are going to need an attacking threat and goals from elsewhere from central midfield, not just extra water carrying there. Some energetic legs from Oscar could go in there hopefully, nuts and bolts from Toums, and an attack minded central mid player to complement. Not Carey, keep him out right of the mid 5, will make it less easy to double up on him as some will no doubt now try.

If crash-bang-Songoo needs to be in the eleven I'd give him Sonny's spot, who seems to be doing somewhat badly way too often this season.