Team Announcements | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Team Announcements

The DJ in the hut?

• Should be boarded up in the hut and left forever without food.

Votes: 41 37.3%
  • Let him carry on - The kids love it.

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Perhaps tone it down a bit as it annoys some of us.

Votes: 49 44.5%

• Total voters
G

GreenArmy

Has anyone else noticed that the club announces the starting lineups whilst the players are in the tunnel now, rather than when the players are on the pitch like previous seasons...surely that used to helped pump the players up before kick off and build the atmosphere?

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Can't build any kind of atmosphere before the game anyway. Can't even hear the bloke next to you.

I have noticed the change though, I assumed it was just because there was potential to run over into kick-off when announcing the teams as they're shaking hands.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
To be honest there isn't a huge cheer when the names are read out. People seem to lose interest after the 3rd name is read out so if anything it's a bit of a mood dampener for each player's name to be read out to a ripple of applause, especially when there is a big cheer for someone like Carey straight after you.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
It`s a little weird when the announcer says let`s welcome so and so to HP and there is no player to applaud, noticeable with Toums and Remi.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Can’t hear a bleddy thing! That person in the DJ hut just blasts his noise so loud no one can communicate for about 3-5 minutes!!

Totally ridiculous and uneccesary.

Build up the atmosphere? He kills it dead every time.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
IJN":qx35uz1k said:
Can’t hear a bleddy thing! That person in the DJ hut just blasts his noise so loud no one can communicate for about 3-5 minutes!!

Is there anyone you know who could potentially do something about it?

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":3qdosbme said:

Agree entirely.

What is that latest funereal dirge that's played just before Semper?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I thought it was inappropriate to blast out the loud music immediately after the minute silence.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
IJN":32vxabck said:

I complained to the club and the reply in brief stated that it was not the intention to stifle the atmosphere... How on earth can you get an atmosphere going with such loud carp music.
Ian... Could we start some sort of poll and/or speak to someone in an official capacity. I cannot speak to the person sat next to me, how can that be right?!

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
I too find the new way of announcing the team whilst they are nowhere to be seen as a totally stupid idea,particularly when there is a debutant to applaud,why change the way it used to be? and as for the "music"played before the game,we should be able to talk to one another in relative quiet before Semper fills the ground,that is all that is required,Semper,also not that terrible version played for the second half,utter tripe.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It would have a much better effect if the players were announced and then sprinted onto the pitch with purpose, as they used to before the silly slow walk and handshake routine that we've seen in the last 10 years or so.

I hate the forced handshake anyway, much like the poppy situation these gestures are pointless when they're an obligation rather than a choice.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Biggs":3sj57cbw said:
It would have a much better effect if the players were announced and then sprinted onto the pitch with purpose, as they used to before the silly slow walk and handshake routine that we've seen in the last 10 years or so.

I hate the forced handshake anyway, much like the poppy situation these gestures are pointless when they're an obligation rather than a choice.
What do you mean Poppy situation ? :wtf:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
pearces greens":1yi32k6c said:
Biggs":1yi32k6c said:

What do you mean Poppy situation ? :wtf:

Probably shouldn't have nudged that particular hornets nest, but every public figure and sportsmen now being effectively forced to wear a poppy clearly undermines the idea that it is a personal display of remembrance.

The same is true of the pre match handshake, it's hardly representing sportsmanship if you're forced to do it. And back to the original point, deprives us of the adrenaline fuelled and atmosphere building sprinting out onto the pitch.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
meetoo":2emxqcwo said:
IJN":2emxqcwo said:

I complained to the club and the reply in brief stated that it was not the intention to stifle the atmosphere... How on earth can you get an atmosphere going with such loud carp music.
Ian... Could we start some sort of poll and/or speak to someone in an official capacity. I cannot speak to the person sat next to me, how can that be right?!
Poll please. I cannot believe that any thinking person finds the current state of affairs to be acceptable.

Jan 10, 2015
Plymouth
my only issue with reading out the names of the teams as the payers exchained handshakes was as argyle players ran towards the devonport end it sounded like we were applauding the away teams players names or is it just me :crazy: