Herald Article (fan refused coach seat) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Herald Article (fan refused coach seat)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think David Fisher has involvement with the Travel Club.

David?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
It is shocking though understandable that the coach driver wouldn’t or more likely couldn’t take the responsibility to sell a ticket on his own volition.

I always find threads like this feeling that surely there was someone that could have paid the cash to be reimbursed when the lady (or whoever else in similar circumstances) was collected on route.

Possibly it’s something that is not out of the realms that PASOTI could look at a way to assist in the future.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
And the other side of the story is...?????

Give the Herald a sniff and it will do it's damndest to create a catastrophe!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
A specsfsctory advertisment bang in the middle of the article.

How given the nature of the story?

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
If the coach seat wasn't booked and paid for is the travel club responsible for any person who rocks up to a coach asking for a lift. Do not think so. If she is blind, then most others have some sort of accompanying friend with them if going to a strange and unknown place to help them.
As an ex member of staff the terms of travel would be known. After having an operation the day before why travel on her own? How much involvement does the main club have in the fans travel side of the operation?

May 8, 2011
A couple things in the story seems odd.
Why wasn’t a cheque posted down earlier in the week or even earlier as cheque payments are accepted as is stated when coach details are announced at the same time as match ticket details.
You wouldn’t pay the driver as he works for Citybus, if you could pay on the day you would give the money to the Travel Club steward.
Jo would know people in the Travel Club so why wasnt t one of those contacted during the week.
What would she have done if the coaches were full?

Oct 31, 2015
I find this story odd and a bit ott.

I feel for the lady I really do but you cant expect to jump on a coach without a ticket. The drivers for these coaches arent authorised to take funds.

A phone call to the travel club or the football club via main reception a few days before stating her plans would probably have resolved the issue.

As I say dont get me wrong as I feel for her but this is not thr drivers, City bus or the clubs fault really. Im sure if someone knew of her predicament in the management structure of the club or travel club it would have been sorted.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If she'd asked any of us up there for a lift she would of got one.

Poor old Jo.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The dad seems to be intent on blaming Argyle but I bet he hasn't said a single thing to the insurers whose rules the driver had to adhere to.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
A bit of a PR blunder to leave a disabled supporter without any contact for a week but at the same time not the club's fault she decided to go anyway without any travel plans.

As Cabbie says above the driver has to adhere to the insurer's rules otherwise you're cover means nothing and you're left with a coach load of passengers travelling completely uninsured; a potential nightmare for the coach company should anything go wrong.

I think the Herald are therefore wrong to have twisted this against the club but I expect nothing less of that paper sadly. I feel for the lady as it must have been frightening having to make her way back alone. Her father is rightly upset and is bound to want to lay the blame somewhere, the club isn't the place for it though as they couldn't have predicted she'd go anyway, nor do they have any control over the coaches/drivers once they've left Plymouth, you're at the mercy of coach companies sadly.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":qejiewlg said:
I think David Fisher has involvement with the Travel Club.

David?

Just seen this, I wasn't previously aware of the issue.

I'm surprised that the PAFC ticket office would not have mentioned the option to pay by cheque for away travel. This is clearly stated on the ticket / travel posts on the club website for each away game.

The PAFC ticket office have my contact details as well as those for other Plymouth Branch committee members and usually contact us for clarification on any queries.

When I know the facts I will post again.

Aug 2, 2011
The key words here are"when the facts are known". At the moment the full facts surrounding the issue are not all known. The Herald is not known for factual accurate balanced reporting. Before the pious how disgraceful brigade sharpen their pencils lets get the facts from all sides involved

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
The Herald article refers to wanting to get to Plymouth for the "Paul Sturrock title winners meal" but wasn't this at the end of September?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
There was one last night David.