Argyle Walking Football | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle Walking Football

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
βœ… Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Due to popular demand Argyle Community Trust will be developing the walking football sessions to be more beneficial and enjoyable for all. This will be implemented by running two pitches each Monday at the Goals 5-a-side pitches just up from Home Park;

Session 1: 5-6pm health related leisure session

Session 2; 6-7pm Two pitches competitive session (numbers permitting) to promote session quality and ensure our teams remain competitive we will have a Championship pitch and a Premiership pitch, pitch level will be decided by individual player and Community Trust staff.

The Trust has decided to introduce this format to make the walking football teams more competitive but also to make the sessions accessible for more senior, less mobile players.

Please note: due to pitch hire increasing, travel and coaching costs also projected to increase throughout the season we will be increasing the cost of each session to Β£4. These changes will be introduced this coming Monday, 20th November.

If you are interested in having a go, the ONLY qualification is that you are aged over 50. All abilities are made welcome.

This season there are two teams from these sessions competing in the Devon FA Walking Football League.

Any queries, contact Josh Grant, the Health and Disability Officer at Argyle on email at josh.grant@pafc.co.uk or by phoning him on 01752 562561 ext 4.

(Edited to add the location of the sessions)

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
βœ… Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
The sessions are held at the Goals 5-a-side pitches just up from Home Park. I will add that to the original post above.

And yes, you can just turn up clutching your Β£4.

Penlee

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner πŸ‘¨β€βš–οΈ
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Hi metro sorry to be daft but is everyone expected to do both sessions or can you just do the football? So it is Β£4 for each hour?

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
βœ… Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
It is Β£4 for each session.

The first session is for those who prefer a gentler game, the second session for those who get a bit competitive. They are BOTH walking football with the difference being in the attitude of the participants.

You can take part in either session to see where you would fit in better, so if you took part in both it would be Β£8.

Penlee

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Ahh I see, sorry, thanks Metro

:scarf: :thumbup:

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
βœ… Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Tonight we welcomed Penlee to his first session of walking football. He made the schoolboy mistake of bringing his daughter who immediately whipped out her phone and made a video record of the evening! He tells me he will be back.

If you fancy a kick around, do come along next week.

Oct 31, 2015
pearces greens":1rehfc1f said:
I hear Miller was due there tonight, but decided at the last minute not to turn up as he might be too slow

Brilliant. I read the title snd honestly thought it was about our first team because that describes us at the moment :)

On a more serious note well done to all who get involved in this.

Penlee

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Oh I will be back for sure. It was a really good session, everyone was very welcoming.

My daughter even got footage of my penalty miss and made sure plenty of people saw it.

Thanks Metro great to meet you (all)