Sam Ryan released

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Shame. Hope he goes on to do well at whatever he turns his hand to.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I was never anywhere near good enough to get as far as Sam Ryan did, so I can only imagine how gutting it must be not to make it as a pro when you have got comparatively close. It would not be surprising if the severe injury last season and this announcement are connected. If so, that must be doubly difficult to take. I second Mark Pedlar's good wishes to the lad.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He wore the green, which is something 100,000’s of us have never done over the years.

Again I echo the good wishes.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
It`s a brutal business, good luck Sam Ryan.

Feb 28, 2016
Well, I rated Sam very highly as a footballer. He impressed me from a very early stage in his apprenticeship, I think he is one of the most exciting full backs I have seen, very attack minded.

As a person, I think even higher of him. Always enjoyed talking to him, an extremely polite and pleasant guy, I think he was a superb ambassador for the club and think he had a lot more to give. I spoke to him at various points during his time out with his ankle injury and always admired his attitude, determination and patience throughout that period. He is a popular and well liked team mate amongst his peers.

I feel sorry for him, it's an awful time of year to find yourself out of work I've found myself in that situation three times. They aren't many perminent jobs going at this time of year and in all reality he is going to be looking at a career change.

Is he gutted? I'm not convinced he will be, this has been very drawn out, I think all these boys from Jordan and Callum to Rooney and Ryan are the pessimistic side of realistic. Sam would have seen the writing on the wall. Just extending his apprenticeship, instead of just being offered a development deal, not training with the first team when the other lads did, not playing in the central league, not playing in any regular position (least of all his own) in the SWPL.

I agree with IJN and MM and none of these lads should ever lose perspective of how well they have done and in almost every case have done better than those saying they aren't good enough. I'm disappointed we won't get to see some who grew up, two streets away playing in the first team anytime soon, however I do think he is better off without them and he is their loss.

Georgieboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Mar 17, 2015
Good luck Sam, keep your head up and look else were for a new job in football. Remember a new manager will see you a completely different player. :thumbup: