• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jamie Ness

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
What has happened to Jamie Ness? He dropped out of the team when Diagouraga came in and hasn’t even been on the bench since. Presumably he is injured, but I don’t remember reading anything about this at the time (or since for that matter). There’s not even anything to be gleaned from his wife’s column in the Herald because, unless I have missed something, she doesn’t seem to have written it for a while (similar timescale to his absence from the team).

I’m not actually at all bothered that he hasn’t been playing and isn’t on the bench because I don’t think he showed up particularly well in the games he did play. I was just thinking that he seems to have vanished, and as I don’t believe in alien abductions I wondered what the situation with him was.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
another very disappointing signing along with the fine chap toumani.for goodness sake derek,play ruben in the middle! :furious:

Dec 19, 2009
Steve Evans":35q3iarm said:
another very disappointing signing along with the fine chap toumani.for goodness sake derek,play ruben in the middle! :furious:

Are you honestly saying Diagouraga is a disappointing signing? Not sure you've been watching the same games as me then. Ness though, agree 100%, ordinary in the extreme and probably another one season and gone signing.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
He was injured in the summer and missed a lot of pre-season and came back and had a run of games.
He got injured again and was due to return to the squad for the Grimsby game but didn't. His last game was in early October and in 12 appearances has experienced winning just one game when he was a sub in the last 7 seconds of the Charlton game.

Another hard to find Nessie. :)

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
keyser soze":2n63j84z said:
Steve Evans":2n63j84z said:

Are you honestly saying Diagouraga is a disappointing signing? Not sure you've been watching the same games as me then. Ness though, agree 100%, ordinary in the extreme and probably another one season and gone signing.
yes i am but not with malice.it is plain to see he has been a very talented player with an excellent record particularly with the Bees,it is also clear to me that he now has "lead" in his boots.lameiras should be playing! :furious:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Everyone has opinions but that's a pretty extreme one Steve and I think you'll have a hard tasking trying to win anyone over with it, Diagouraga hasn't put a foot wrong since joining us & has probably been Adams best signing this season, genuinely shocked that you want to replace him with a completely different kind of player who we know very little about.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PL2 3DQ":13qngniv said:
He was injured in the summer and missed a lot of pre-season and came back and had a run of games.
He got injured again and was due to return to the squad for the Grimsby game but didn't. His last game was in early October and in 12 appearances has experienced winning just one game when he was a sub in the last 7 seconds of the Charlton game.

What was his (latest) injury?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge":3uodhjsp said:
Everyone has opinions but that's a pretty extreme one Steve and I think you'll have a hard tasking trying to win anyone over with it, Diagouraga hasn't put a foot wrong since joining us & has probably been Adams best signing this season, genuinely shocked that you want to replace him with a completely different kind of player who we know very little about.
i appreciate your very fair response cobi.ruben was signed pre-season and has hardly kicked a ball for us.it is absurd that the fine gentleman toumani is straight into the side ahead of this young talent.i repeat,nothing personal against diagouraga,just my observation about his lack of "professional"mobility.i further repeat,ruben should play with his pace and invention.

Aug 11, 2013
The Doctor":2ynwuo58 said:
PL2 3DQ":2ynwuo58 said:

What was his (latest) injury?

Ankle I believe

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Steve Evans":f4cp3hvv said:
Cobi Budge":f4cp3hvv said:
i appreciate your very fair response cobi.ruben was signed pre-season and has hardly kicked a ball for us.it is absurd that the fine gentleman toumani is straight into the side ahead of this young talent.i repeat,nothing personal against diagouraga,just my observation about his lack of "professional"mobility.i further repeat,ruben should play with his pace and invention.

One is an attacking midfielder and the other is a box to box championship/ league 1 veteran. If anything, Lamieras should replace one of Carey or Grant if you wanted to put him in. Need to retain a balance to the side.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
LeonTheGreen":37vfc16j said:
Steve Evans":37vfc16j said:
Cobi Budge":37vfc16j said:

One is an attacking midfielder and the other is a box to box championship/ league 1 veteran. If anything, Lamieras should replace one of Carey or Grant if you wanted to put him in. Need to retain a balance to the side.

It could be argued that Ruben was by far the most influential player during the pre-season. Season starts and he has had nothing. What’s to lose?

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Ade the green":bpi633io said:
LeonTheGreen":bpi633io said:
Steve Evans":bpi633io said:
Cobi Budge":bpi633io said:

I agree but I think a midfield of Toums, Fox and Songo'o has been solid. Ruben although very technical is still lightweight, and would probably be better off drifting in off the flank.

It could be argued that Ruben was by far the most influential player during the pre-season. Season starts and he has had nothing. What’s to lose?

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Lamieras is probably one of those players who will get released at the end of the season and signs for a manager that embraces positive attacking football and benefits hugely.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Thing with Lameiras is that you need a formation which uses a CAM, which ours doesn't, so we'll never see how good he can be, same goes for Sarcevic.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Steve, how can you possibly say that it is ‘absurd’ that Toumani is starting ahead of Lameiras?

Quite apart from Toums’ near unbeaten record and mostly superb performances, they are utterly different. Toums is a lower league Patrick Vieira type, a dominating central midfielder. Lameiras clearly has talent but is lightweight in the extreme and unproven.

Toumani is second name on the tea sheet after Carey, Lameiras could be played behind a lone forward or in the Carey wide right position.