Well played Oxford | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Well played Oxford

Jul 13, 2006
Their style seems to leave them a bit open, but what I would give to watch football like that every other week.
Can't believe they hadn't won in 6 and were minus 2 key players. All their players were comfortable on the ball, and their energy and speed of thought from their midfield was impressive.
We did make them look like Barcelona mind.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I thought they were excellent. Only saying that today.

Usually a team comes from nowhere to get promotion or in the play offs, my vote is for them to be that team.

Feb 2, 2007
Being close to Oxford I follow them more than most and Appleton did a superb job. Wilder went before and got them out of the Conference but the fans fell out of love with his one dimensional style, even if the club weren’t struggling in L2. Appleton then came in, stripped it back to the bare bones, Fergie style almost lost the fans but the new pulled it off brilliantly and they were unlucky last season to fall short, after a great cup run too.

Clotet looks like a great natural successor and the club have done well to keep the same infrastructure around him. Losing key players like Marvin Johnson and before him ODowda and Roofe hasn’t been a big barrier and keeps the club sustainable. However the squad does look thinner especially with long term injuries to Curtis and Rob Hall so I think we/they will do to get to the play offs this season.

It was perfect scenario for Oxford on Saturday because they have the players to comfortably exploit the space and have great movement. Otherwise I reckon Argyle should have got something with 11 on the pitch closing down the space.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
I've noticed the teams at the top of league 1 play very good football and that the further down the division the more league 2 style of football comes in. Our game against Rochdale was an even almost identical style of football where as against Bradford, Charlton, Wigan and Oxford we've been passed off the park.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Passed us off the park and the passing, movement and combination play made us look like a pub team TBH.
Can't remember the last one two ( give and go ) Argyle played

We look so slow and deliberate with no pace or creativity. More often then not players turn inside and play the percentage ball back or sideways and we have no penetration or anyone ( bar Carey ) to take the defenders on.

I was looking forward to football in league 1 but the reality is that we have gone backwards and are weaker than last year. This team would struggle to be in the top half of league 2 right now

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
foreigner":2mxuaes7 said:
Their style seems to leave them a bit open, but what I would give to watch football like that every other week.
Can't believe they hadn't won in 6 and were minus 2 key players. All their players were comfortable on the ball, and their energy and speed of thought from their midfield was impressive.
We did make them look like Barcelona mind.

So, give a team with decent players loads of space and no pressure & they stand a good chance of running rings round you.

It's not rocket science.

But then I'm only an armchair manager so not entitled to an opinion.

Nov 9, 2008
They were excellent. While I didn't enjoy the result, I could have sat there and watched them attack for days. Their movement and ball control was on a different level, from their centre halves to their strikers. Pleasure to watch.