The AFT's Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbank. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The AFT's Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbank.

Dec 21, 2010
The Argyle Fans’ Trust will again be holding a pre-Christmas collection for the Plymouth Foodbanks this coming Saturday. Any donations will be warmly received at our table outside the Devonport End at any time between 1.30 and 3.00.
Alternatively, the address for donations to the Central Plymouth Foodbank is The Oasis Project, 28 Manor Street, Stonehouse, Plymouth PL1 1TW and for the Plymouth North Foodbank donations can be taken to the Community Church, Plymbridge Road, PL6 7LF

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would also add that a group of us are going to volunteer for the North Plymouth Foodbank.

They meet in the little church car park at 1000 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They need hands!! (Order picking and packing etc).

Anyone up for it?

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Any idea of sensible things to bring?

I'm down this weekend and would like to contribute.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Hang on chaps, nothing wrong with helping others less fortunate.

The AFT should be congratulated for this initiative. It maybe not Argyle related but does it have to be?

Jan 3, 2013
IJN I used to be the chair of Devon and Cornwall foodbanks, so have done my bit, but personally believe the AFT was not set up for this , especially with the development situation at Argo ongoing

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The AFT have done this annually for the last 4/5 years. They are merely acting as a collection point for other Argyle fans to do their bit. Besides, Argyle fans' families might well be making use of the food banks. Please don't use this thread as another stick to beat the Trust with.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ponty":fh1a9ljl said:

Can't find a list Ponty but saw this on the Plymouth Foodbank website:

URGENTLY NEEDED FOOD ITEMS

LONG-LIFE FRUIT JUICE
TEA
BISCUITS
UHT MILK
BREAKFAST CEREALS

WE'VE GOT PLENTY OF
PASTA
BAKED BEANS

Feb 8, 2005
IJN":1st1ufyz said:

The AFT should be congratulated for this initiative. It maybe not Argyle related but does it have to be?

I have no objection to what they are doing, but should they be doing it under the "Argyle Fans Trust" banner?

If all the collections went to Argyle fans I would have no problem.

The Argyle Fans Trust need to get back to basics and yes, of course, it has to be Argyle related, they are using the name, arent they?!!!

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":sc7npesu said:
Ponty":sc7npesu said:

Can't find a list Ponty but saw this on the Plymouth Foodbank website:

URGENTLY NEEDED FOOD ITEMS

LONG-LIFE FRUIT JUICE
TEA
BISCUITS
UHT MILK
BREAKFAST CEREALS

WE'VE GOT PLENTY OF
PASTA
BAKED BEANS

Thank you.

Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Keepitgreen. That list is spot on. The AFT are proud to have been involved in this initiative for the last five years.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
jimsing":22nof8fl said:
IJN":22nof8fl said:

I have no objection to what they are doing, but should they be doing it under the "Argyle Fans Trust" banner?

If all the collections went to Argyle fans I would have no problem.

The Argyle Fans Trust need to get back to basics and yes, of course, it has to be Argyle related, they are using the name, arent they?!!!

Unbelievable. Live in the real world. Many organisations raise money and other items that are free to anyone who needs it.