Have a go? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Have a go?

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
A snippet from MOTD pundit, right or wrong ? :

Former Liverpool midfielder Danny Murphy on Match of the Day:
"I was really impressed with Bournemouth, we see teams sitting back and giving others too much respect but they did not.
"It is nice to see a team throwing men forward and committing. If you are going to lose a game, at least do it by having a go.

A

andyr1963

As a neutral watching a game, any game, then yes, definitely have a go, entertain, play the attack attack attack attitude, we're going to score one more than you, no matter the consequences of getting stuffed time and time again on the counter attack. :scarf:

For my team, no definitely not spare me the humiliation of another stuffing, keep it tight. :greensmile:

Apr 3, 2010
lilcol":3j835w8w said:

"I was really impressed with Bournemouth, we see teams sitting back and giving others too much respect but they did not.
"It is nice to see a team throwing men forward and committing. If you are going to lose a game, at least do it by having a go.

Easy for him to say that sat in a nice cushty studio, but when you're a manager when ultimately most people hold you accountable for a result of a match it's not quite as easy as that.

Especially with argyle everytime we've opened up so to speak we seem to be on the wrong end of a thumping probably down to our lack of pace at the back being exposed.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
lilcol":2nnt4t9g said:

If a team is losing, then of course it's worth 'having a go'.

Aug 5, 2016
Probably why Burnley are in the top 6 and Bournemouth aren't. They know how imperative it is to defend resolutely from the start.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
edengreen":3o0r874i said:
Knibbsworth":3o0r874i said:
Probably why Burnley are in the top 6 and Bournemouth aren't. They know how imperative it is to defend resolutely from the start.

And they've got Super Ashley Barnes

No eden that is wrong. I've read posts from many eminent posters on here confirming that he was definitely rubbish!! :lol: :facepalm:

Mar 8, 2016
Knibbsworth":1dkdj4c5 said:

And Probably why we've been bottom of the league for most of the season because we can't do either!

Pogleswoody":8fxx8qga said:
edengreen":8fxx8qga said:
Knibbsworth":8fxx8qga said:

And they've got Super Ashley Barnes

No eden that is wrong. I've read posts from many eminent posters on here confirming that he was definitely rubbish!! :lol: :facepalm:

Absolutely, glad we got rid of him. He'll never amount to anything.

('tis the Janner way)

Feb 8, 2005
lilcol":1bqa99u1 said:

Adams does NOT plan on losing a game, even against much better opposition!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
jimsing":1xuwfw3r said:
lilcol":1xuwfw3r said:

Adams does NOT plan on losing a game, even against much better opposition!

Are you sure about that ? We have been told he is meticulous with his planning and it would possibly account for the 7 or 8 straight losses that we had.
The 1 or 2 wins seem to have been unlucky for us :whistle:

Aug 5, 2016
Someone tell Danny Murphy that Blackpool under Ian Holloway were the epitome of playing all out attacking football with a team of underdogs.

They are the one team who got relegated instantly and never bounced back, unlike the clubs who adopted a more pragmatic style e.g. Burnley, Watford, Crystal Palace, WBA etc.

So much easier sitting in a studio and acting the expert than putting your ideas on the line. Mark Lawrenson similarly has a lot to say but doesn't tend to bring his managerial record into discussions. Nor Alan Shearer.

Jul 12, 2016
DA prides himself on his obsession with planning and analysing every game. He reminds me of graduates with First class honours who have no common sense.
He has tunnel vision. If the theory says it will work , it will work. Unfortunately you cannot "make silk out of a pig's ear" He is working with average players and trying to impose tactics which are probably way above their understanding.Having everybody back to defend a corner and letting the opposition have the ball in the first half at home probably goes down with the players as well as it does with the fans

May 8, 2011
oldage":12v3o83f said:
DA prides himself on his obsession with planning and analysing every game. He reminds me of graduates with First class honours who have no common sense.
He has tunnel vision. If the theory says it will work , it will work. Unfortunately you cannot "make silk out of a pig's ear" He is working with average players and trying to impose tactics which are probably way above their understanding.Having everybody back to defend a corner and letting the opposition have the ball in the first half at home probably goes down with the players as well as it does with the fans

Over his managerial career so far at Ross County and Argyle whatever theory he has used seemed to have worked quite well, but as they say practice makes perfect.