Kick off times and saving money | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Kick off times and saving money

Aug 2, 2011
Is there a good reason why the EFL does not move to a 2.00pm kick off time during the winter period as the norm. This would save money on floodlighting, make leaving the ground and walking home or to where cars are parked much more pleasant and potentially safer. There are always early kick offs in the PL so why not make 2.00pm the winter month standard.

I cannot see many drawbacks other than leaving home for away and home games an hour earlier.

tonsk

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
There's a very good reason - I don't finish work until 1420!!

tonsk

Jun 4, 2016
I would not be in favor myself. I think it adds to the atmosphere as the winter draws in and the second half is played under the lights. I always look forward to the daylight kick off and game ending in the dark part of the season for some reason.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I think our fans that travel to away games have to get up early enough as it is!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Thank you, daft idea. Some of these Yorskhire trip are bad enough for us Janners but the Cornish lads have to leave even earlier.

No thanks, travelling back in the dark is ok with me.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I actually think it's far better for away games. As a Cornish fan travelling that extra hour and a half, as far as my morning is concerned it doesn't matter if my trip starts at 4am or 5am my nights sleep is ruined either way. Get me home an hour earlier though and I'm in bed an hour earlier and suddenly I have an extra hour on the Sunday that I can actually use.

Jul 29, 2010
Ollieargyle9":278ig9cb said:
I actually think it's far better for away games. As a Cornish fan travelling that extra hour and a half, as far as my morning is concerned it doesn't matter if my trip starts at 4am or 5am my nights sleep is ruined either way. Get me home an hour earlier though and I'm in bed an hour earlier and suddenly I have an extra hour on the Sunday that I can actually use.
Ditto travelling back east too.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Pilgrim78":lej1fprj said:
I would not be in favor myself. I think it adds to the atmosphere as the winter draws in and the second half is played under the lights. I always look forward to the daylight kick off and game ending in the dark part of the season for some reason.
Completely agree. It definitely adds to the atmosphere for me. Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing as when I think back to watching games as a kid the ‘freeze frame’ images that immediately leap to mind are all under lights …… especially one of Paul Mariner looking directly at me and running towards us after scoring.